My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, May 2, 2016

Tornados!!!

May 2, 2016

Hey so this week there was a stormy day on Wednesday and we were driving and we look up and see a tornado forming in the sky!!! What?! That never happens here...it was so cool! Don't worry though we are fine.

Anyways this week we had the funniest lesson ever with our investigator couple. We taught them about the Word of Wisdom and the husband isn't willing up to give up his coffee since he isn't really addicted to it supposedly; he drinks one cup a morning because if he doesn't, then he gets a headache. So he didn't really see the harm in it, and I quoted the scripture that says that the Lord doesn't look upon sin with the least degree of allowance, and so he was like, "Entonces, ¿estoy jodido?!" Hahaha he was totally joking, but yeah for the rest of the lesson he was like, nothing even matters anymore, ¡ya que estoy jodido! And then at the end of the lesson he offered the prayer and was like, "Te pido Dios que ya no hablen más del café..." Haha it was so funny but at the same time I'm kinda sad he didn't have the faith to abandon his coffee. We'll see what happens...

We also have these investigators Arturo and Susana. They are super nice. We had a really awesome lesson about the Restoration last week which I forgot to tell you about: Arturo asked if a man had to be "qualified" to become a prophet, and I remember that this happened on one of those days where I was feeling really sad and anxious, but I was really trying to focus on my investigators instead of focusing on me and my problems. So I felt the Spirit give me the words as I answered his question, "We know that God qualifies his servants for His work." And I explained how Joseph Smith didn't really have much education but with the power of God he was able to translate the Book of Mormon which is such an incredible book! Arturo literally said something like, "That is such an inspired answer and that's just what I needed right now." I felt so much better after that lesson that day.

Luis came to church yesterday again!!!! Yay! We called him before church to remind him to come and honestly I was doubting that he would come because it sounded like he was trying to make up an excuse but he came!!!! Heck yeah. Even if I only came on my mission to help this one man, I will have been satisfied! We love him so much!!

Love you,

Hermana Aburto

That's the view from my apartment!!


Look at the fish that Luis Ortiz caught!!  


Question: Did you eat the fish?

Heck no!!! Oh that reminds me though, Laura Ortiz is seriously the best. She is like a mom to me because she has been able to tell what foods I like and what I don't like, and she is the best cook ever. She noticed I was picking onions off my food, and she knows I don't like fish, and she loves making tacos for me, and tacos dorados, and she has made pozole; she is the best! I really want you two to meet Luis and Laura some day!!


¡Tornados!

2 de mayo de 2016

El miércoles pasado fue un día de mucha lluvia y cuando íbamos manejando levantamos la vista y vimos que se estaba formando un tornado en el cielo. ¡Ni yo me la creía! Eso nunca sucede por aquí… ¡pero fue bien padre! No se preocupen, porque estamos bien.

Bueno, la cosa fue que esta semana tuvimos una lección muy curiosa con una pareja que son investigadores. Les dimos la lección de la Palabra de Sabiduría y el esposo no está dispuesto a dejar el café porque supuestamente es adicto a él; dice que todas las mañanas se tiene que tomar uno porque si no le empieza a doler la cabeza. Para él no tiene nada de malo, entonces le leí ese pasaje de las Escrituras que dice que el Señor no consiente el pecado ni con el más mínimo grado de tolerancia, y su reacción fue: “Entonces, ¡¿estoy jodido?!”. Estaba bromeando, pero el resto de la lección solamente dijo: “Pues ya qué importa, ¡ya que estoy jodido! Luego, al final de la lección ofreció la oración y dijo algo así como: “Te pido Dios que ya no hablen más del café...”. Fue medio chistoso, pero al mismo tiempo me sentí triste de que no tenga la fe suficiente para dejar el café. Ya veremos qué pasa…

También tenemos a otra pareja que se llaman Arturo y Susana, que son muy buena onda. La semana pasada tuvimos una lección muy buena con ellos sobre la Restauración, de la cual no les conté la vez pasada. Arturo nos preguntó que si un hombre tiene que “cumplir ciertos requisitos” para ser profeta, y me acuerdo que esto fue en uno de esos días en que yo andaba media triste y ansiosa, pero estaba haciendo el esfuerzo de concentrarme en los investigadores en lugar de mis problemas. Entonces sentí como que el Espíritu me dio las palabras a medida que respondía su pregunta y le dije: “Sabemos que Dios califica a Sus siervos para que realicen Su obra”; entonces le expliqué que José Smith en realidad no tenía mucha formación académica, pero con el poder de Dios pudo traducir el Libro de Mormón, el cual es un libro increíble.  Entonces Arturo dijo que le parecía una respuesta muy inspirada y que era justo lo que necesitaba escuchar. Después de la lección me sentí mucho mejor el resto del día.

¡Luis fue a la Iglesia ayer otra vez! ¡Yupi! Lo llamamos antes de las reuniones para recordarle y en serio que dudaba muchísimo que fuera porque parecía que estaba buscando una excusa, ¡pero al final fue! ¡Qué padre! ¡Si solo vine a la misión para ayudar a este hombre, me quedaré satisfecha! ¡Lo queremos mucho!

Los quiero,

Hermana Aburto

¡Ésta es la vista que tenemos desde el departamento!

¡Miren el pescado que agarró Luis Ortiz!  

Pregunta: ¿Comiste un poco de ese pescado?

¡Por supuesto que no! Por cierto, Laura Ortiz en serio que es buenísima onda; es como segunda madre para mí porque ahora ya incluso sabe qué comidas me gustan y cuáles no, además cocina riquísimo. El otro día se percató de que yo estaba separando la cebolla, también sabe que no me gusta el pescado, le encanta hacerme tacos, tacos dorados y también nos ha hecho pozole; en serio que es campeona. ¡Me encantaría que un día conocieran a Luis y Laura!