My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, April 25, 2016

Pray Always

April 25th, 2016

Ok so last Monday we went to have a Family Home Evening with Luis Ortiz and his family, and at the end we asked Luis to pray, we were begging him to pray and he wouldn't pray! He is so shy about praying that he is someone who won't even pray in front of his wife or kids; he always tells someone else to do the prayer. I was so sad that night because I knew that he knows that he needs to choose the right but he just wouldn't do it!

Then on Saturday we went over to have dinner with his family as usual. And honestly I happened to be really sad and anxious that day, just because of life. And Luis and Laura were so sweet because they were making me laugh to make me feel better. Then we read 2 Nephi 32:8-9 which is the scripture that says the evil spirit teaches you not to pray haha he really got the message there, but when we asked him to pray he again said no. So I told him, "I'm going to cry if you don't pray." And he was like, "Really?" And then..... HE PRAYED!!!!! And after the prayer he said he only said it because he knew I was sad and he didn't want to see me sad. OH MY GOSH he seriously has never prayed in front of his wife before, and she started crying from happiness. She told me that there have been so many missionaries who've tried to get him to pray and I was the first!!!! It was truly a miracle.

Then on Sunday (yesterday) I was playing the prelude music on the organ and I look up and I SEE LUIS COMING IN AND SITTING DOWN!!!! He hasn't been to church in like a year!!! I seriously freaked out and I jumped up and ran to go say hi. Haha I was so so so happy!!!!! Best day ever!!!!! I don't think I've ever wanted someone to come to church so badly. We love Luis and Laura Ortiz so much; they really are like family to us. I actually teared up from happiness oh my goodness I am so pleased. I'm so grateful that the Spirit was able to soften his heart and allow him to finally pray and come to church.

So transfers are tomorrow and Hna Pimentel and I are both staying here together! So that's cool. I am really sad that my friends are leaving though; that's always a bummer. 

I love you I love you I love you!!

Hermana Aburto

Here is a picture of Luis Ortiz. After he prayed we rewarded him by giving him stickers and he stuck them on his face hahaha


Us with Luis Ortiz


Elder Holman, Elder Martinez, Hna Pimentel and I



Here is a picture of me and Elder Griffin AKA Savage!!



Me and my best friend!! He is going home on Wednesday :( but we will be friends forever!!


District picture!! 

Left to right, Elder Bonola, me, Hna Pimentel, Hna Alcaraz, Hna Robison, and Elder Griffin


More pictures






Orad siempre

25 de abril de 2016

Pues el lunes fuimos a la casa de Luis Ortiz para hacer una Noche de hogar con su familia y al final le pedimos a Luis que hiciera la oración, y le rogamos y le rogamos pero no quería. Le da mucha pena orar, ni siquiera quiere hacerlo en frente de su esposa e hijos, y siempre le pide a alguien más que ore. Me puse triste esa noche porque sé que él sabe que tiene que hacer lo justo, ¡pero no lo hace!

Entonces, el sábado fuimos a cenar otra vez a la casa de ellos como de costumbre. Para ser sincera ese día yo andaba media triste y ansiosa, simplemente por cosas de la vida. Luis y Laura se portaron muy bien porque estaban tratando de hacerme reír para que me sintiera mejor. Luego leímos 2 Nefi 32:8-9 que es donde dice que es el espíritu malo el que nos enseña que no debemos orar; y fue chistoso pero entendió la pedrada, y cuando le pedimos que orara nuevamente se negó y yo le dije: “Si no ora me voy a poner a llorar”. Su reacción fue: “¿En serio?”. Y después… ¡¡¡ORÓ!!! Después de que oró me dijo que lo hizo solo porque sabía que yo estaba triste y no quería verme así. ¡HÍJOLE! En serio que nunca había orado en frente de su esposa y ésta se puso a llorar de alegría. Ella nos dijo que han pasado misionero tras misionero que han tratado de hacerlo orar pero que yo fui la primera. Fue todo un milagro.

Entonces, el domingo (ayer), yo estaba tocando el preludio en el órgano de la capilla y cuando levante la vista ¡¡¡VI A LUIS ENTRAR Y SENTARSE!!! ¡¡¡Tenía como un año que no se paraba en la Iglesia!!! En serio que me emocioné y pegué un salto para ir a saludarlos. Me puse muy pero muy contenta. ¡¡¡Ha sido el mejor de los días!!! Nunca había querido tanto que una persona fuera a la Iglesia, y es que a Luis y a Laura Ortiz los queremos mucho porque son como nuestra familia. De hecho se me salieron las lágrimas de tan feliz que me puse, de veras que estaba bien contenta. Agradezco que el Espíritu haya ablandado su corazón para que finalmente hiciera una oración y fuera a la Iglesia.

¡Mañana son los cambios y la Hna. Pimentel y yo nos quedaremos juntas aquí! ¡Qué buena onda! Por otra parte me siento triste porque algunos de mis amigos ya se tienen que ir, lo cual siempre es un trago amargo.

¡Los quiero mucho, mucho, mucho!

Hermana Aburto

Éste es Luis Ortiz. Después de que oró, lo premiamos con estas calcomanías que se puso en la cara.

Nosotras con Luis Ortiz

Élder Holman, élder Martinez, Hna. Pimentel y yo

Esta soy yo con el élder Griffin, alias “el salvaje”.

¡¡Con mi mejor amigo!! El miércoles se irá a su casa pero seremos amigos para siempre.
Foto del distrito

De izquierda a derecha: élder Bonola, yo, Hna. Pimentel, Hna. Alcaraz, Hna. Robinson y élder Griffin

Más fotos