My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

¡Qué calor!

May 30th, 2016

It is getting so hot. I really don't know how I'm going to survive this summer! Please pray for me to have the strength to work.

Honestly, not a whole lot happened this week. We had to drop a lot of our investigators who weren't progressing or aren't interested enough or whatever. So we've had to kind of start over and find new people to teach. We found a couple of people with potential, so we'll see how that goes.

I studied a lot about faith this week and I read Alma 32. I liked this quote by Elder Alvin R. Dyer: "I believe there is perhaps a distinction between humility and meekness. It may be said that meekness is a condition of voluntary humility." 

That distinction is what Alma was talking about in chapter 32:14-16 where he says that blessed are the people who are humble without being compelled to be. On the other hand, though, I also like that in verse 12 he is basically saying that we should be grateful for our trials since they help us to be humble.

Best quote of the week goes to Luis's father: Luis told us that one time his father was arrested by a policeman while he was drunk, and he meant to tell the police officer, "Shut up, pig!" But his English was limited so he said, "Shut up, oink oink!" 

Love you,

Hermana Aburto

P.S. This week I had a flat tire on my bike, and one of the members from the English ward was able to help me fix it. He had served his mission in Argentina, so he drinks mate and he showed me these mate shots haha.