My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, May 23, 2016

Laughing Attacks

May 23rd, 2016

You know how when you get really tired, everything becomes funnier?

I don't know, at least that's what happens to me.

This week there were a few days where it got really hot and we were biking around and it was really exhausting since the heat makes me so sleepy. So we went to see Sergio and Irene one evening and they could tell that we were so tired. Then at one point, I don't know why, but right as we started our lesson about the law of chastity I just started laughing and I could not stop. Sergio thought that it was because of his new haircut and so that became the joke. As soon as I calmed down and started teaching again, he just started stroking his hair to make me laugh again. Then I told them that I use a chastity pamphlet in my bike helmet to prevent helmet hair, so I testified that chastity protects your hair, too. And that got Irene to laugh, which is cool since she's usually pretty serious. And Sergio was like, stop talking about hair. So yeah during this entire lesson I was just laughing and laughing and I was really trying to stop but I couldn't and I felt bad because I felt like I had driven the Spirit away. But then, at the end Sergio gave the closing prayer and he thanked God for our "alegría" and he prayed for us in such a nice way that really touched my heart. 

Luis always makes me laugh so hard, too. One of my favorite lines that he tells us is, "Si se portan mal, me invitan." Haha and on Saturday he was demonstrating how girls take selfies by sucking in their gut to make themselves look skinnier. Then he said something like, "Se me hace increíble que mi cuerpo sea tan perfecto." Haha that made me cry from laughing so hard.

But anyways, last Monday was really awesome. I had the idea to do a testimony meeting for Family Home Evening with Luis and Laura. I figured that since he is usually shy about that kinda thing, it would be good for him to share his testimony with us since he feels comfortable around us. And so we had a really awesome meeting and then at the end I thanked them for the love that they have shown us, since the only times that Luis has prayed for us was when my companion and I have been going through something hard or sad and so he has prayed to give us comfort. So I thanked him for demonstrating that love by finally praying. All of us women were in tears after that, and thankfully he gave a beautiful prayer at the close of that Family Home Evening.

There have been a few let downs this week though. I told you about two different investigators last week, Jose and Maria. Well Maria has been avoiding us for some reason. We knock on her door and she won't answer. It's so weird because she seemed so receptive.

As for Jose, we taught him the Word of Wisdom to prepare him for baptism and he said that the priest in his church says that it's ok to smoke and drink, and he said he wasn't willing to give that up. He told us that we were from the "chamuco" (I didn't know what that meant until afterwards) and he said we were wasting people's time, and so yeah he said some rude things which was so shocking because he was such a sweet old man before. But truly none of that hurt my feelings, but it made us feel really sad because he doesn't know what blessings he is missing out on.

Then, we found a really cool new guy named Luis and we taught him the Plan of Salvation yesterday, but before we taught him he invited his wife to come listen but she said she was busy. So we just taught him and he was really receptive. 

Papi, I also read Elder Holland's last conference talk and that part that you quoted also hit me a lot, because I always get so overwhelmed by the fact that lots of times I feel like I'm not improving much. Lots of times I know what I'm supposed to do to become better but it's so hard for me to actually act and apply what I've learned to my work. But just like Elder Holland says, that even the people who desire to become better will be blessed. That was really comforting to me and I've been able to share that with some of the people we've visited. There is one less-active we're visiting who's trying to get over his addiction of alcohol, and I shared this with him yesterday. And I also shared it with Luis since he thinks that he needs to be perfect to be able to enter the temple. I'm really glad that I got to share this with other people, since I can understand a little bit of what they are going through since I'm dealing with something similar (“Tomorrow the Lord Will Do Wonders among You,” Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, April 2016).

Love you,

Hermana Aburto

Ataques de risa

23 de mayo de 2016

¿Acaso no les ha pasado que cuando están cansadísimos cualquier tontería les causa risa?

No sé, pero a mí me pasa.

Esta semana hubo unos días en que hizo mucho calor y como anduvimos en bicicleta fue bastante cansado y el calor me da sueño. Uno de esos días fuimos a ver a Sergio e Irene, y ellos se dieron cuenta de lo cansadas que estábamos. Entonces, en un momento, no sé por qué, pero cuando comenzamos la charla sobre el tema de la ley de castidad me comencé a reír y simplemente no podía parar. Sergio hasta pensó que me estaba riendo de su nuevo corte de pelo y así que de ahí nos agarramos para no parar de reír. Después me pude calmar y retomamos la lección, pero él se comenzó a tocar el cabello y eso me hizo reír otra vez. También les dije que yo uso el folleto de la castidad adentro del casco que me pongo para andar en bicicleta y les testifiqué que la castidad también nos protege el cabello. Eso le causó mucha gracia a Irene, lo cual fue muy lindo porque ella casi siempre está muy seria. Entonces Sergio dijo que ya dejáramos hablar del cabello. La cosa fue que durante toda la lección me estuve riendo y estuve haciendo el esfuerzo de parar pero no podía, e incluso me sentí mal porque pensé que había ahuyentado al Espíritu. Pero luego, ya para irnos, Sergio hizo la oración y le dio gracias a Dios por nuestra “alegría”, y oró de una manera tan linda que realmente me tocó el corazón.

Luis también siempre me hace reír mucho. Una de mis frases favoritas que nos dice es: “Si se portan mal, me invitan”. También el sábado estaba imitando a las muchachas cuando se toman selfies porque dice que meten la panza para verse más delgadas. También dijo algo así como: “Se me hace increíble que mi cuerpo sean tan perfecto”, y eso hasta me hizo llorar de la risa.

La cosa fue que el lunes pasado nos fue muy bien, porque se me ocurrió la idea de tener una Noche de Hogar de testimonios con Luis y Laura.  Tomando en cuenta que el es muy tímido para ese tipo de cosas, pensé que sería bueno que él compartiera su testimonio porque con nosotras se siente cómodo. La cosa fue que pasamos unos momento muy agradables y al final les di las gracias por todo el amor que nos dan, ya que las únicas veces que Luis ha orado han sido cuando mi compañera y yo hemos pasado por momentos difíciles o tristes, y sus oraciones han sido para darnos consuelo. Así que le di las gracias por mostrarnos amor y por haber orado finalmente. Todas las mujeres terminamos llorando y por fortuna al final de la Noche de Hogar ofreció una oración muy linda.

También hemos tenido una par de experiencias un poco desagradables. Ya ven que les conté de dos nuevos investigadores la semana pasada: José y María. Pues bien, María nos ha estado evitando por alguna razón, porque tocamos su puerta pero no nos abre y se me hace raro porque se mostró bastante receptiva.

En cuanto a José, pues le dimos la charla de la Palabra de Sabiduría para prepararlo para el bautismo y nos dijo que el sacerdote de su iglesia le dijo que no tiene nada de malo fumar ni tomar, y luego agregó que no estaba dispuesto a renunciar a esas cosas. También dijo que nosotras éramos del “chamuco” (yo ni siquiera sabía lo que era eso hasta después de que nos fuimos) y que sólo hacíamos perder tiempo a la gente, y bueno, nos dijo cosas un poco groseras, lo cual fue medio sorpresivo porque al principio se portó muy bien con nosotras. Lo cierto es que nada de lo que nos dijo me lastimó, pero si nos sentimos tristes porque él no sabe de las bendiciones que se pierde.

Sin embargo, ayer encontramos a un muchacho muy buena onda que se llama Luis y le dimos la charla del Plan de Salvación, pero antes de empezar invitó a su esposa a que también escuchara pero dijo que estaba ocupada. Así que le enseñamos sólo a él y se mostró bastante receptivo.

Papi, yo también leí ese discurso que dio el élder Holland en la conferencia y esa parte que me mandaste también me llegó bastante, porque muchas veces me siento con la presión de que no estoy mejorando mucho que digamos. Muchas veces siento que sé lo que tengo que hacer para mejorar, pero a la hora de la hora me cuesta mucho actuar y aplicar en la vida real lo que voy aprendiendo. Como dice el élder Holland, incluso aquellos que tienen el deseo de mejorar serán bendecidos. Eso me llenó de consuelo y hasta lo he compartido con algunas personas a las que visitamos. Hay una hermana menos activa que está luchando con una adicción al alcohol y lo compartí con ella ayer. También lo compartí con Luis, porque él cree que tiene que ser perfecto para entrar en el templo, y me da gusto poder compartir eso con la gente, ya que yo entiendo un poco por lo que están pasando porque yo estoy viviendo algo similar (“Jehová hará mañana maravillas entre vosotros”, élder Jeffrey R. Holland, abril de 2016).

Los quiero,

Hermana Aburto