My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, May 9, 2016

What I've Learned

May 9th, 2016

Yeah so I don't even know what to write this week since I just skyped with you yesterday!!

But I could just tell you about what I've learned on my mission so far!

I understand the concept of grace a bit more clearly. Like it says in Moroni 10:32 

“if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ”

I have to do MY best; meaning with all of MY might, mind, and strength, and then the Lord will make up for the rest. Lots of times I feel like my best isn't good enough, but even when there are some days where I can only give 5%, and 5% is my best, then the Lord will make up for the other 95%.

I've also learned that repentance is awesome, and it's what allows us to become better people. Being chastised by the Spirit can feel kinda sad but it's so cool at the same time because the Spirit can tell you everything that you need to do to be the person that the Lord knows you can be. And we've got to be humble enough to take that chastisement.

I also know that if we focus on other people's problems instead of our own struggles, then our own load feels lighter.

And like I told you yesterday, I feel comforted by the fact that most people don't usually feel confident when they are given responsibility. I remember reading a long time ago that adulthood means to pretend like you know what you're doing. You just have to fake your confidence and then somehow things work out. I've seen that happen to us, especially in this companionship of mine where we both felt so lost but we've had so much success.

And yes, the fact that my mission is so hard is the very reason why I have never felt more united with my Savior Jesus Christ, just like our Mission Vision says: "We are One with the Savior in Doing the Will of the Father"

The Church is true, the Book is blue!

Love you,

Hermana Aburto


Lo que he aprendido

9 de mayo de 2016

Pues como hablamos por skype ayer, ahora ya no sé ni siquiera qué escribir.

Tal vez lo que les pueda decir es lo que he aprendido en la misión hasta ahora.

Creo que ahora entiendo un poco más claramente el concepto de la gracia, como dice en Moroni 10:32 

“y si os abstenéis de toda impiedad, y amáis a Dios con todo vuestro poder, mente y fuerza, entonces su gracia os es suficiente, para que por su gracia seáis perfectos en Cristo”.

O sea que tengo que hacer MI mejor esfuerzo, o sea, con todo MI poder, mente y fuerza, para que luego el Señor ponga el resto.  Muchas veces siento como que mi mejor esfuerzo no basta, pero a pesar de que hay días en los que solo puedo dar el 5%, y ese 5% es mi mejor esfuerzo, entonces el Señor puede compensar el 95% restante.

También he aprendido lo increíble que es el arrepentimiento, que nos permite ser mejores personas. A veces, cuando el Espíritu nos reprende, es una cosa triste, pero a la vez es padre porque Él nos puede indicar lo que tenemos que hacer para ser la persona que el Señor sabe que podemos ser. Entonces uno tiene que ser los suficientemente humilde para aceptar el regaño.

También sé que, si nos enfocamos más en los problemas de los demás en lugar de los nuestros, nuestra carga se siente más ligera.

Como les dije ayer, me consuela el hecho de saber que la mayoría de las personas por lo general no sienten confianza en sí mismas cuando se les asigna una responsabilidad. Recuerdo que hace mucho tiempo leí algo que decía que el ser adulto significa fingir que uno sabe lo que está haciendo. Entonces, es cosas de fingir que uno tiene confianza en sí mismo y al final las cosas salen bien. He visto que eso sucede con nosotras, sobre todo en este compañerismo en la que las dos no sentimos perdidas, pero hasta el momento nos ha ido bastante bien.

Y, pues sí, el hecho de que la misión sea tan difícil es la razón por la cual nunca me había sentido tan unida al Salvador Jesucristo, de la misma forma en que lo dice el lema de nuestra misión: “Somos uno con el Salvador al hacer la voluntad del Padre”

¡La Iglesia es verdadera y el libro es azul!

Los quiero,

Hermana Aburto