My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, June 6, 2016

Transfer Calls Again!!

June 6th, 2016

We got transfer calls yesterday! I was really feeling like I would be staying here; and I've never been wrong with my transfer predictions before...

I was kind of right!

I will still be serving in this Ceres 3rd Branch but I will not be covering the area of Hughson anymore, but I will be in Ceres now. Hna Pimentel is staying here and I will be companions with Hna Gundersen. I'm so happy to stay in this branch but I am so so so sad that I won't get to see the people in this area anymore. Especially the Ortiz; they better come to church so that I can still see them!

So this past week was a little discouraging just because there were times when we found investigators who seemed really solid but then they just suddenly weren't interested anymore. 

But we did find some really awesome people named Sofia and Adam. Sofia's parents were baptized last year, so that's a really good connection with the Church! We were teaching them the restoration and at the end Sofia just started crying all of a sudden and she asked us to pray for her family. It was really cool to share the gospel with them, and I hope they will progress!

Another quick miracle that happened yesterday was when we were visiting a less-active family and a family member of theirs named Alesandra was visiting and she listened in as we read 1 Nephi 19:9, and she was asking questions about what we do as missionaries and we were able to talk to her about the Book of Mormon and how it goes hand in hand with the Bible. It was really cool to be able to talk to her! 

I totally was watching Mexico vs Uruguay yesterday during dinner and those last two goals were beautiful. Also, Chicharito's attempt to score made me laugh since Papi says all his goals are ugly, haha

I don't know what else to write today haha but man, things are just never the same after transfers so I pray I'll be able to adjust to the changes!

I love you, I love you, I love you!!

-Hermana Aburto


District Picture: Hna Arevalo, Hna Camacho, Hna Gundersen, Hna Williams, Hna Pimentel, me, Elder Nielsen, Elder Bonola, Elder Williams, and Elder Eager.