My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, August 1, 2016

Taco Time

August 1st, 2016


You know what's ironic, is that I think I've eaten more tacos this week than I have my entire mission...and they are super white tacos! But they are really good!! Ha

This week was pretty good. We saw that brother again, and ever since the first time I met him I had told him to read his patriarchal blessing. I had a feeling that it would help him. So this week he finally read it after we visited him one night and then, he texted us saying that his patriarchal blessing told him exactly what he needed to hear, and he thanked me for following the prompting to have him read it. That made me so happy!

On Saturday we saw him again, and there's something that I like to do with people who probably don't pray very much. At the beginning of the lesson I'll ask them, "Would you like to offer the opening prayer or the closing prayer?" That way they have to pray "yes or yes." When I did that, he was like, "You are so aggressive. Other missionaries will be like 'Who would you like to give the prayer?' and I'll just pick one of them. You're going to be the one to take me out of rebellion." No one has ever called me aggressive before! But that gives me hope that we will be able to progress a lot with him. I invited him (forced him) to prepare a lesson for Family Home Evening tonight, so we'll see how that goes.

On Tuesday we met with a sister who's been inactive for a while. It was the first time I had met her and it was crazy because she could tell right off the bat that I am not the happiest person, and that I was struggling with sadness. She was really sweet and started crying because she didn't want me to be sad, so that was very touching. She's very welcoming and wants to feed us dinner this week, so we'll see how that goes. I really hope that we can help her because she has had a hard life, too. 

We also saw a family this week. They are an awesome family who got sealed in the temple just barely. I noticed that their walls were covered with Raiders merchandise. So just to tease them, as we were leaving I took out my 49ers lanyard and said, "Do you like my lanyard?" Brother Neely was like, "NO! ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU ARE NEVER ALLOWED IN MY HOUSE AGAIN!" And we just drove off laughing.

I've gotten really good at asking everyone that we talk to, for referrals, and it's really paid off! Even youth or children are good people to ask, since they have friends who aren't members. And yesterday, we had dinner with a really cute young couple, and we showed them the Mormon Message "Enduring Love," which you should totally watch if you haven't seen it. Then we asked if they knew anyone who could benefit from the message, and they told us about a recent convert named Rxxx whose girlfriend is not a member. So we went right over to Rxxx house and showed him and his girlfriend the video, and it went really well! We'll be seeing them again next Sunday. They are really nice and cool people, so I'm excited to work with them.

So this week we had zone training and I got to see my old companion Sister Smith. She was just barely companions with Sister Hogan and she told me that Sister Hogan would talk about me all the time, since she loved me so much. That was so touching to me and it was an answer to my prayers. I'm so thankful that Heavenly Father keeps assuring me that I am doing a good job and that there are lots of people who care about me even when I don't believe I'm that cool.

I love you, I love you, I love you!!

-Hermana Aburto


Taco Time

1 de agosto de 2016

Es irónico, pero han de creer que esta semana he comido más tacos que los que había comido durante toda la misión… ¡y han sido tacos súper gringos! ¡Han estado buenísimos! Já.

Esta semana nos fue bastante bien. Volvimos a ver al hermano que mencioné antes y desde la primera vez ya le había dicho que leyera su bendición patriarcal porque tenía la corazonada de que le ayudaría. La cosa es que por fin la leyó esta semana, y después de que lo visitamos una tarde nos mandó un texto en el que nos dijo que había leído algo en su bendición que era justo lo que necesitaba y me agradeció por haber seguido el susurro de sugerirle que la leyera. ¡Eso me puso muy feliz!

El sábado lo volvimos a ver, y a mí me gusta hacer algo con las personas que probablemente no oran mucho: Al principio de la lección les pregunto: “¿Le gustaría ofrecer la primera o la última oración?”. De esa manera tienen que orar sí o sí. Entonces cuando hice eso con el hermano, su reacción fue: “Usted es agresiva. Porque los demás misioneros solo preguntan: ‘¿Quién quiere que haga la oración?’, y yo nomás escojo a uno de ellos. Usted es la que va a acabar con mi rebeldía”. ¡Nunca nadie me había dicho que era agresiva! Eso me da esperanza en que podremos progresar con él. También lo hice que voluntariamente a fuerza preparara una lección para la noche de hogar que tendremos hoy en la noche, así que ya veremos cómo nos va.

El martes nos juntamos con una hermana que ha estado inactiva. Era la primera vez que la conocía y fue curioso porque enseguida se dio cuenta de que no soy una persona muy alegre que digamos, y que de hecho andaba media triste. Se portó muy linda, comenzó a llorar porque no quería verme triste y eso me conmovió mucho. Ella es muy hospitalaria y quiere que cenemos con ella esta semana, así que a ver cómo nos va. Ojalá que le podamos ayudar, ya que su vida ha sido ha sido muy difícil. 

Esta semana también visitamos a una familia. Ellos son muy buena onda y hace poquito que se sellaron en el templo. Me di cuenta de que en las paredes de su casa tienen muchas cosas de los Raiders de Oakland. Solo para molestarlos, ya que íbamos de salida, saqué un llavero de esos que se cuelgan que es de los 49ers y les pregunté: “¿Les gusta mi llavero?”. El hermano se “indignó” y dijo: “¡NO! ¿EN SERIO HERMANA? ¡NO VUELVA A PONER UN PIE EN ESTA CASA!”. Nomás nos fuimos muertas de la risa.

He mejorado mi habilidad para pedir referencias a todo mundo y ha valido muchísimo la pena. Incluso vale la pena pedir referencias a los jóvenes y niños porque ellos tienen amigos que no son miembros. Ayer comimos en la casa de una pareja joven muy linda, les enseñamos el mensaje mormón “Amor duradero”, que por cierto que, si no lo han visto, véanlo. Después les preguntamos si conocían a alguien que pudiera beneficiarse de ese mensaje y no dijeron de un muchacho que se llama Rxxx que hace poco se bautizó y cuya novia no es miembro. Así que fuimos a la casa de Rxxx, le enseñamos a él y a la novia el video, y nos fue muy pero muy bien. El próximo domingo los volveremos a ver. Ellos son muy buenas personas y será un gusto trabajar con ellos.

También la semana pasada tuvimos capacitación de zona y me encontré a una de mis antiguas compañeras, la Hna. Smith. Ella hace poco tuvo de compañera a la Hna. Hogan, y me dijo que ella, la Hna. Hogan, siempre le hablaba de mí y que decía que me quería mucho. Eso me llegó y como que fue una respuesta a mis oraciones. Siento agradecimiento de que el Padre Celestial me sigue confirmando que estoy haciendo las cosas bien y que hay mucha gente que me quiere, con todo y que a veces siento que no doy el ancho.

¡Los quiero mucho, mucho, mucho!

-Hermana Aburto