My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, June 13, 2016

First Week in Ceres

June 13th, 2016


Ohhh we're halfway there
Ohhh livin' on a prayer 

Haha it doesn't feel real, but I'm halfway down with my mission! 

We've had a really successful week! We've been teaching lots of people and I really like this area a lot. Even though I'm in the same branch, it's like being in a completely different area since I'm visiting different investigators and less actives, and even the members that we've worked with are different, but I'm happy to still be in this branch.

We've been teaching this really cute young family. Vanessa is the mom and she and her husband are like the nicest people ever; he gave us ice cream the first time we came over and they are always smiling. The only thing is that they were confused about why we have a Book of Mormon and I'm curious as to how things will go from here, but I really hope they can progress because I can just totally picture them being sealed as a family in the temple.

There is also this young single mom with two kids, and one time as we visited them, they told us about this challenge that they are going through which has to do with keeping their house. Her young daughter Jiovana offered the opening prayer, and the faith that she had as she sincerely prayed to Heavenly Father for help was so beautiful! I was so close to crying, and I really hope that they will be able to keep their house. 

Here is a picture of me and Sergio and Irene! I will miss them.

Love you!

-Hermana Aburto