My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Transfer calls...

January 25th, 2016

Yesterday we got transfer calls, and...Sister Rodas and I are staying here! Woo-hoo

BUT we will become a trio companionship! Sister Rodas will be training a greenie. Whaaaat!

This week I read in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, which says

 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

As I read that verse I thought about how I truly am grateful for trials, because whenever people are struggling with something, that trial is helping them be receptive to our message. I honestly get excited when the people I talk to, tell me about their problems, (Sorry if that sounds sick, but this verse is justifying my excitement), because then I know they will be more likely to have the desire to come closer to Christ. 

We went to visit our investigator Sandra this week, and she was never willing to give prayers during lessons. But this time, at the beginning of the lesson I felt inspired to ask her, "Will you offer the opening prayer or the closing prayer?" So instead of giving her the option to pray I gave her the option of which prayer, and she finally said the prayer!! It was so great. Also her friend Eva was sitting in on our lesson and she seems interested, so we went back to give Eva the Restoration discussion. 

One thing I have noticed is that whenever we are sitting in a home and teaching about Joseph Smith's first vision, there is always some kind of distraction going on. To me that proves the importance of the message because it's obvious that the adversary does not want people to hear the good news of the Restoration.

We have new investigators, they are a couple and are both super nice.

I read President Uchtdorf's talk titled "Forget Me Not" and it really helped me to see how even though I may feel insignificant, God is aware of the work I am doing. Pres. Uchtdorf also talks about how we should find happiness in the small successes that we have everyday, instead of waiting for a major achievement to happen (in my case, something like a baptism). 

Love,

Hermana Aburto

P.S. I am so sad to hear that Glenn Frey passed away. I am glad we got to see him live in concert.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the worldwide missionary broadcast!! 

It was so so so so good! Elder Bednar really nailed it, as usual. He talked about how the Spirit is crucial in conversion. It's important to create an environment where the Spirit can reside, so that the Spirit can touch the hearts of our investigators. The way that he teaches though is just so good and I felt the Spirit testify of the truthfulness of his words.

I also enjoyed Elder Andersen's talk because he mentioned that, because we know about the Restoration, we know more about Christ than anyone else in the world. That's deep! That's why it's so important for us to testify of Christ to everyone!

K love you bye

-Hermana Aburto

MIssion Picture



Zone Picture


District Picture


Some pictures with members and investigators







25 de enero de 2016
Ayer nos avisaron de los cambios y la hermana Rodas y yo nos quedaremos aquí. ¡Yupi!
Solo que esta vez seremos un compañerismo de tres misioneras. La hermana Rodas entrenará a una misionera que acaba de llegar. ¡Sorpresa!
Esta semana leí esto en 2 Corintios 12:9-10:
 9 Y me ha dicho: Te basta mi gracia; porque mi poder se perfecciona en la debilidad. Por tanto, de buena gana me gloriaré más bien en mis debilidades, para que repose sobre mí el poder de Cristo.
 10 Por lo cual, por causa de Cristo me gozo en las debilidades, en afrentas, en necesidades, en persecuciones, en angustias; porque cuando soy débil, entonces soy fuerte.
Al leer esos versículos me sobrevino una sensación de agradecimiento por las dificultades, porque siempre que la gente está enfrentando una situación eso le ayuda a estar más dispuesta a escuchar nuestro mensaje.  Para ser sincera, me da gusto siempre que la gente con la que hablo me cuenta de sus problemas (lo siento si suena raro, pero esos versículos justifican mi reacción), porque eso me indica que hay más probabilidades de que tengan el deseo de venir a Cristo.
Esta semana visitamos a nuestra investigadora que se llama Sandra. Ella nunca había querido ofrecer oraciones para las charlas. Esta vez, al principio de la lección sentí la inspiración de preguntarle: ”¿Te gustaría ofrecer la primera oración o la última?”. Así que en lugar de darle la opción de orar, le di la opción de escoger cuál, ¡y finalmente ofreció una oración! Fue bien lindo. En la lección también estuvo presente una amiga de ella que se llama Eva y quien se mostró interesada, así que volvimos otro día para darle la charla sobre la Restauración a ella.
Algo que he observado es que cada vez que estamos en una casa enseñando sobre la Primera Visión de José Smith, siempre hay algún tipo de distracción. Eso demuestra la importancia del mensaje porque es obvio que el adversario no quiere que la gente escuche las buenas nuevas de la Restauración.
Tenemos nuevos investigadores, son una pareja y los dos son muy agradables.
Leí el discurso del presidente Uchtdorf que se titula “No me olvides” y me ayudó mucho ver que, aunque me sienta insignificante, Dios está pendiente de la obra que estoy realizando. El presidente Uchtdorf también dice que debemos buscar la felicidad en los pequeños logros que alcanzamos todos los días, en lugar de esperar hasta que consigamos algo de mayores proporciones (que en mi caso sería el bautismo de alguien).
Cariñosamente,
Hermana Aburto
P.D. Me dio tristeza escuchar de la muerte de Glenn Frey. Por lo menos me da gusto que lo hayamos visto en concierto.
¡Se me olvidaba mencionar de la transmisión mundial para misioneros!
¡Me súper encantó! El élder Bednar, como siempre, le dio en el clavo. Habló de la importancia que tiene el Espíritu en el proceso de conversión. Es importante crear un ambiente en el cual el Espíritu pueda estar presente, a fin de que sea Él el que se encargue de tocar el corazón de los investigadores. La manera de enseñar del élder Bednar es tan buena que pude sentir el Espíritu que me testificaba de la veracidad de sus palabras.
También me gustó el discurso del élder Andersen porque mencionó que el hecho de que sepamos acerca de la Restauración nos da más conocimiento sobre Cristo que el que tienen otras personas. ¡Qué potente! ¡De ahí la importancia de que testifiquemos de Cristo a todo mundo!
Los quiero, adiós.
-Hermana Aburto
Foto de toda la misión
Foto de la zona
Foto del distrito
Fotos con miembros e investigadores