My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, January 18, 2016

A tender mercy for our elders

January 18th, 2016

Sadly we weren't able to visit any of our regular people this week. That was kinda discouraging. On Thursday during district meeting, I felt so chastised by the Spirit. I felt like I hadn't been doing my best, and I felt so bad. But that day my companion and I were able to improve; we did some awesome street contacting so that made me feel better about myself.
We met a young man named Rudy who was so awesome. When we knocked on his door and asked if he believed in Christ, he was like, "Heck yeah I do!" and he was so nice. He told us that he never turns away the missionaries since it would be like saying no to the Man Himself. That made us really excited. Hopefully we will make some progress with him.
I went on exchanges with Hna. Spilsbery this week. She is super fun. Below is a picture of us.
This week we witnessed a tender mercy for our Elders. We were driving home one night and were pulling up to our apartment, and we saw them walking outside our apartments, so we pulled over and talked to them. Then we told them that we lived there, and they hadn't known that so they asked if we could let them in the gate since their car had been left inside the apartment complex. We were like, "Were you going to walk home??" And they were like, "...Maybe." So we saved them from having to walk home that night. The Lord truly watches out for His missionaries.
Yesterday Hna. Rodas and I sang a musical number in sacrament meeting. We sang "Soy un Hijo de Dios" acapella and everyone LOVED it. They said we sounded like one voice, even when we were singing different parts. 
Yesterday I gave the Gospel Principles class by myself. My Spanish is soooo rusty, oh my goodness, but I think it went OK...
Sorry I don't have a lot to write this week, but know that my testimony is growing more and more each day and I know that my Savior knows me personally and He is doing all the work.
Love,

Hermana Aburto



18 de enero de 2016

Lamentablemente en esta semana no pudimos visitar a las personas que siempre visitamos y como que eso nos desanimó. El jueves durante la reunión de distrito percibí que el Espíritu me reprendió. Me di cuenta de que no me estaba esforzando lo suficiente y me sentí mal. Sin embargo, ese día mi compañera y yo pudimos mejorar; hablamos con varias personas en la calle, lo cual me hizo sentirme mejor conmigo misma.
Conocimos a un muchacho de nombre Rudy que es muy bueno. Cuando nos abrió la puerta le preguntamos si creía en Cristo y nos dijo: “¡Por supuesto que sí!”, y fue amable con nosotras. Nos dijo que nunca trata mal a los misioneros porque sería como decirle que “no” al Señor mismo. Eso nos llenó de entusiasmo y espero que podamos progresar con él.
Fui en intercambios con la hermana Spilsbery esta semana. Ella es muy chistosa. Les mando una foto que nos tomamos.
Durante la semana presenciamos una entrañable misericordia que recibieron los élderes. Una noche íbamos conduciendo a casa y casi llegábamos cuando los vimos a ellos afuera de nuestro complejo de apartamentos, así que nos acercamos y comenzamos a conversar. Después les dijimos que nosotras vivíamos ahí, lo cual ellos no sabían. Nos pidieron que les abriéramos el portón del complejo porque su coche estaba adentro. Les preguntamos: “¿Iban a caminar a casa?”. Nos respondieron: “Tal vez”. Así que gracias a nosotras, no tuvieron que caminar hasta su casa esa noche. El Señor realmente está pendiente de Sus misioneros.
Ayer la hermana Rodas y yo cantamos un número musical en la reunión sacramental. Cantamos “Soy un hijo de Dios” a cappella y le ENCANTÓ a todos. Nos dijeron que sonamos como una sola voz, aunque cantamos con distintas voces.
Ayer di la clase de Principios del Evangelio yo sola. Mi español no es muy fluido, pero creo que salió bien...
Disculpen que no les escriba mucho hoy, pero tengan la certeza de que mi testimonio está creciendo cada día más y que sé que mi Salvador me conoce de forma personal y que Él es quien lleva a cabo la obra.
Cariñosamente,


Hermana Aburto