My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

It's been a hard day's night

January 11th, 2016

It's been a long week...I loved it!

We visited Sister Canchola and we just love her so much!! She is so kind to us; she always gives us so much food even though she is poor. She made me avena which reminded me of my childhood when I would make it with Guita.

We went to visit the Garcias, an active family, because we needed to discuss one of our investigators with them. Once we went to visit them it was clear that they really needed our visit. Sister Garcia had a brother pass away, and she was very sad and needed comfort. I read Alma 38:9 to her, which says "...there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the word of truth and righteousness." She really felt grateful that we were able to visit her and feel the comfort that only Christ can give. I felt humbled by that, and I was grateful that I had just "randomly" happened to read that scripture during my personal study that morning. There are no coincidences.

We did service, and I realized that before my mission I really hated doing service, especially yard work, but now I love it! It is really fun to help people out. We helped Brother Castillo with his yard; he lost his leg in an accident. It was really fun to do service for him.

I was reading in Mosiah 24:13-15 and I feel so comforted that the Lord visits his people in their afflictions.

I don't know if you've heard, but there will be a worldwide First Presidency broadcast on, so all the missionaries in the world will get to see it! I'm super excited that Calilis and I both get to watch it.

Sister Rodas and I were singing the Espiritu Santo Primary song from memory, which made me happy because that song reminds me of Papi. Remember when we would sing that song for every Family Home Evening? Those were the days.

Elder Griffin gave the Gospel Principles class yesterday, and it was super good! Afterwards, we all talked about how strongly we felt the spirit, especially when the members were willing to share their insights. I learned that it is important to pay attention to the part in your patriarchal blessing which mentions the pre-earth life, because honestly whenever I read my patriarchal blessing I kind of ignored that part. I've always paid more attention to the part that talks about my life here on earth. But I went back to read it and it says some really beautiful stuff about my pre-earth life! There is no doubt in my mind that Heavenly Father knows each of us on such a personal level. 

So there's this song that Hna. Rodas' old companion gave her; it's called "Convert" and it's a parody of Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend" and it's soooo funny. "If you were my convert, I'd never let you go. I'll take you to the font and receive the Holy Ghost." It's my favorite thing in the world.

Love you,

Hermana Aburto

We missionaries (well mostly Elder Griffin, I won't lie) help teach English classes every Tuesday and this was the flyer that the gringo missionaries made, and Hna. Rodas and I laughed at the fact that it says, "Pues." The Elders handed these out during Elders Quorum and everyone laughed at them. So yeah this flyer just cracks me up.


Pics from service with Brother Brown






Service with my zone at Brother Castillo's


Left to right: Elder Madsen, Brother Castillo, Elder Williams, Elder Beck, Elder Bell, Hna. Rodas, Elder Clark, me, Hna. Martinez, and Hna. Waters.

It's been a hard day's night (Canción de los Beatles)
11 de enero de 2016
¡Ha sido una semana dura… pero increíble!
Visitamos a la hermana Canchola y simplemente sentimos mucho amor por ella. Ella es muy buena con nosotras, siempre nos da de comer, con todo y que es pobre. El otro día me hizo avena, lo cual me hizo acordar de mi niñez cuando la hacía con mi abuelita.
También visitamos a los García, una familia activa con la que teníamos que hablar sobre uno de nuestros investigadores. Cuando llegamos a su casa nos dimos cuenta de lo mucho que necesitaban nuestra visita. Resulta que un hermano de la hermana García falleció y ella estaba muy triste y necesitaba de consuelo. Entonces le leí Alma 38:9, que dice “...no hay otro modo o medio por el cual el hombre pueda ser salvo, sino en Cristo y por medio de él. He aquí, él es la vida y la luz del mundo. He aquí, él es la palabra de verdad y de rectitud”. Ella sintió agradecimiento por nuestra visita y sintió el consuelo que solo Cristo puede dar. Me sentí humilde y agradecida de que por mera “casualidad” había leído ese pasaje durante mi estudio personal en la mañana. Nada pasa por casualidad.
El sábado nos tocó prestar servicio y me di cuenta de que antes de la misión no me gustaban para nada los proyectos de servicio, sobre todo trabajar en jardines, ¡pero ahora me encanta! En realidad es bien divertido ayudar a la gente. Le ayudamos al hermano Castillo con su patio, ya que él perdió una pierna en un accidente. Fue bien padre trabajar para ayudarle.
El otro día leí Mosíah 24:13-15 y sentí consuelo al saber que el Señor visita a los de su pueblo en sus aflicciones.
No sé si ya hayan escuchado, pero el 20 de enero habrá una transmisión mundial de la Primera Presidencia que todos los misioneros del mundo podrán ver. Estoy súper emocionada de que Calilis y yo la vamos a poder ver.
La hermana Rodas y yo cantamos de memoria la canción de la Primaria que se llama El Espíritu Santo, me sentí feliz porque esa canción me recuerda a Papi. ¿Se acuerdan que la cantábamos en todas las noches de hogar? Qué días aquellos.
El élder Griffin dio la clase de Principios del Evangelio ayer y estuvo buenísima. Después de la clase comentamos lo fuerte que había estado el Espíritu, sobre todo cuando los miembros expresaban sus puntos de vista. Aprendí que es importante prestar atención a la parte de la bendición patriarcal en la que se nos habla de nuestra vida preterrenal, y, a decir verdad, siempre que la leo ese detalle como que lo paso por alto. Siempre me fijo más en lo que me dice de mi vida aquí en la tierra. Entonces fui y leí esa parte, y dice cosas bien lindas sobre mi vida premortal. No me cabe la menor duda de que nuestro Padre Celestial nos conoce de una manera muy personal.
Hay una canción que la ex compañera de la hermana Rodas le dio a ella y se llama “Converso”. Es una parodia de la canción de Justin Bieber que se llama “Boyfriend” y está chistosísima. "If you were my convert, I'd never let you go. I'll take you to the font and receive the Holy Ghost." Ahora es mi canción favorita.
Los quiero,
Hermana Aburto
Los misioneros (bueno, más que nadie el élder Griffin, para qué mentir) ayudamos a dar clases de inglés todos los martes y éste es el volante que hicieron los misioneros gringos. A la hermana Rodas y a mí nos dio risa que dice “Pues”. Los élderes repartieron los volantes en el cuórum de élderes y a todo mundo le causó gracia. Pues sí, el volante está chistoso.
Fotos de la actividad de servicio con el hermano Brown.
Proyecto de servicio de mi zona en casa del hermano Castillo.

De izquierda a derecha: Élder Madsen, hermano Castillo, élder Williams, élder Beck, élder Bell, hermana Rodas, élder Clark, yo, hermana Martínez y hermana Waters.