My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, December 14, 2015

All I want for Christmas is baptisms

December 14th, 2015
I am so in love with my new nephew, Leo!! Congratulations to Xavi, Staci and Enzo!!
We received our transfer calls late Saturday night, and I am being transferred to Modesto!! I will be serving in a Spanish-speaking ward with Hermana Carpenter. She used to serve in Manteca and she is a great missionary, so I am excited. I'll be leaving to Modesto on Tuesday. Sister Hogan will be staying here in Manteca.
Before our transfer calls came, we called Sheila and told her that one of us (or both of us) might be leaving and she started crying. On Saturday we got to say goodbye to her. She gave me some cross stitches as a present. I love her and I will miss her but I know that I am needed elsewhere.
Brianna and Alexis are wanting to get baptized, so we invited them to a baptism on Saturday to see what it's like. They enjoyed it, so I am excited for them to get baptized soon! I know that they have the ability to be a good influence on their mother, and that they will be blessed from receiving the ordinance of baptism.
Elder King told our district that he doesn't want us to use the word "guys" anymore, since as missionaries we should refer to each other as "elders" or "sisters" and Sister Hogan and I have been teasing him about that ever since. We refer to ourselves as "Guys Hogan and Aburto" instead of "Sisters Hogan and Aburto."
I'm really going to miss this awesome district that I'm in! But I'm excited to meet new people and new missionaries.
I know the Church is true and I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and His example. I know that this is His work and I know that He is able to compensate for my weaknesses. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it testifies of Christ. I know that Christ was sent to earth to save us and help us become perfect.
Love,

Hermana Aburto
Look at Mr. Potato Head!!
Does this Mexican Santa look familiar to you?

Todo lo que quiero para Navidad son bautismos
14 de diciembre de 2015
¡Ya me siento encariñada con mi nuevo sobrino Leo! ¡Felicidades Xavi, Staci y Enzo!
¡El sábado en la noche nos avisaron de los cambios y ahora estaré en Modesto! Ahora voy a estar en un barrio en español con la hermana Carpenter. Ella también estuvo aquí en Manteca y es una gran misionera, así que estoy muy contenta. Yo me iré a Modesto el martes y la hermana Hogan se quedará aquí en Manteca.
Antes de que nos avisaran de los cambios, llamamos a Sheila para decirle que era muy posible que una de nosotras, o tal vez las dos, nos iríamos a otra parte y se puso a llorar.  El sábado pudimos verla para despedirnos y me dio un bordado de regalo. La quiero mucho y la voy a extrañar, pero sé que ahora se me necesita en otra parte.
Brianna y Alexis tienen deseos de bautizarse, así que las invitamos a un bautismo que hubo el sábado para que vieran cómo es. Parece que les gustó, así que ojalá se puedan bautizar pronto. Sé que ellas podrían ser una buena influencia para su mamá y que serán bendecidas si reciben la ordenanza del bautismo.
El élder King le dijo a nuestro distrito que ya no quiere que usemos la palabra “guys”, debido a que suena poco formal y porque como misioneros nos debemos dirigir a los demás como “elder fulano“ o “hermana sutana”. La hermana Hogan y yo siempre lo molestamos con eso, porque cuando hablamos de nosotras decimos “guys Hogan y Aburto” en lugar de “hermanas Hogan y Aburto”.
¡La verdad que voy a extrañar mucho este distrito tan padre en el que he estado! Pero también estoy contenta de que voy a conocer a otras personas y a otros misioneros.
Sé que la Iglesia es verdadera y siento agradecimiento por el Salvador Jesucristo y Su ejemplo. Sé que ésta es Su obra y que Él puede compensar mis debilidades. Sé que el Libro de Mormón es verdadero y que testifica de Cristo. Sé que Él fue enviado a la tierra para salvarnos y ayudarnos a perfeccionarnos.
Cariñosamente,
Hermana Aburto

¡Qué les parece el Sr. Cabeza de Papa!