My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, November 2, 2015

Success after trials

November 2nd, 2015
One day as we were riding our bicycles I just got so sad and started crying. I felt like I couldn't do this anymore. I felt like I couldn't improve. So I was stuck because going home is not an option for me, but I didn't want to work either, so I just needed to take the time to cry.
The next day we were looking for someone's apartment, and we accidentally knocked on the wrong door. A young woman, Adriana, answered the door and informed us that we were mistaken, but we kept talking to her by saying the usual, "We are the missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints..." and we were SO awkward as we explained about how Jesus Christ has restored His church on the earth again and then I asked her, "Would you like to learn more about the Church?" and she said yes. We were so shocked that she said yes since 1) we were so awkward and 2) people don't usually say yes. So then we awkwardly set up an appointment with her, and then we left. Sister Hogan and I were both like, "What just happened?" and we started dying of laughter. We did such a bad job at talking to Adriana but she must have felt the Spirit. We will go back to her place on Wednesday and hopefully she was being legitimate.
Then later that day, we were looking for another person but when we went to their house it was evident that this person had moved away. A man named David was living in this house now. So we talked to him and did the same thing, "We are the missionaries..." and this time we learned from our experience with Adriana and did a much better job of explaining who we were and we talked more about the Restoration. David seemed very interested and we set up an appointment with him. At the appointment we taught a full lesson on the Restoration and gave him a Book of Mormon. The Spirit was definitely there during our visit he had lots of great questions. He didn't come to church on Sunday but we hope we can get him to come next time.
So after my emotional breakdown, success happened to be right around the corner.
Yesterday was the day we got calls regarding transfers. Sister Hogan and I will both be staying here in Manteca, and we will still be companions. In my heart I knew this would happen since I've only been here in Manteca for 3 weeks and I don't like this area that much, so of course I have to stay here until I like it. I was just really hoping that I would get transferred to a Spanish-speaking ward. Sister Tu'atonga called me yesterday saying that she will also be staying in the same area with Sister Smith. So I hope they will be OK.
I will not give up. Even though life is hard, I know that it will all be worth it in the end.
Last night we were yet again looking for someone's house and we went to the wrong street, and there we saw a guy wearing a shirt and tie and I immediately felt that he was Mormon. He saw us too and asked, "Are you missionaries?" and we said yes. His name is Matthew and he belongs to the Young Single Adult ward here. He was very nice and he served his mission in Canada, so I had to ask whether he heard the expression "The colder your mission, the hotter your wife." He hadn't heard it before but it made him happy. And then he told us that his mission motto was "Many are cold, but few are frozen." (Doctrine and Covenants 121:40)
I've been debating whether I should share this with you but I just find it so funny that I have to. We once found a potential investigator, a young man, but when we went back to visit him he didn't seem as interested since he has his own "spiritual path." He was going out the door to visit some friends and smoke weed, and he invited us to come join him! He said that smoking weed is a spiritual experience. Of course we declined his offer, and we talked to him about the Word of Wisdom...so yeah we won't be visiting him again.
I love the hymn "I Stand All Amazed." It is so beautiful. I'm so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and I know that when life gets hard, He understands. He has been there before.
"I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify...
I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet."
Sorry about the lack of pictures but there isn't anything to take pictures of.
If you're going to update Calilis on sports, then you should update me on The Voice or the Emmys or something.
I love you so much,
Hermana Aburto
Love you

Éxito después de las tribulaciones
2 de noviembre de 2015
El otro día íbamos en las bicicletas y de pronto me sentí triste y comencé a llorar porque sentía que ya no podía más y que no había manera de mejorar. Me sentía como atrapada, porque regresar a la casa no es una opción y al mismo tiempo no sentía ganas de trabajar, así que solo necesitaba darme un tiempo para llorar.
Al día siguiente, estábamos buscando el departamento de una persona y por accidente tocamos la puerta que no era. Entonces, nos abrió una muchacha, que se llama Adriana, y nos dijo que ése no era el lugar que buscábamos, pero le seguimos hablando y le dijimos lo de costumbre: “Somos misioneras de La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días…”, le explicamos MUY fuera de tono la manera en que Jesucristo había restaurado Su Iglesia nuevamente y le preguntamos: “¿Te interesaría saber más acerca de la Iglesia?”, y dijo que sí. Nos quedamos perplejas con su respuesta ya que, en primer lugar, le habíamos explicado sin ton ni son y, en segundo, la gente normalmente no acepta. Entonces, de la misma forma extraña, fijamos una cita con ella y nos fuimos. La hermana Hogan y yo nos quedamos heladas como diciendo: “¿Y qué fue eso?”, y nos empezamos a morir de la risa. La explicación que le dimos a Adriana estuvo terrible, pero seguramente ella sintió el Espíritu. Así que la vamos a visitar el miércoles y esperemos que la cosa vaya en serio.
Después, ese mismo día, andábamos buscando a otra persona y fuimos a su casa, pero era evidente que ya no vivía ahí y ahora vive un muchacho que se llama David. Entonces hablamos con él y volvimos a hacer lo mismo: “Somos misioneras…”, pero esta vez aprendimos de nuestra experiencia con Adriana, le explicamos mucho mejor en lo que consiste nuestra labor y le hablamos más acerca de la Restauración. David pareció estar muy interesado y fijamos un cita. Durante la cita le enseñamos toda la charla sobre la Restauración y le dimos el Libro de Mormón. Definitivamente que el Espíritu estuvo presente en la charla y David tenía muchas preguntas muy buenas. No fue a la Iglesia el domingo pero esperamos que a la próxima si aparezca.
Así que después de mi crisis emocional, el éxito estaba a la vuelta de la esquina.
Ayer fue el día en que a todos nos avisaron de los cambios. La hermana Hogan y yo nos quedaremos aquí en Manteca y seguiremos de compañeras. Yo sabía en el corazón que así sería, ya que solo llevo aquí tres semanas y este lugar no me gusta mucho que digamos, así que, por supuesto, me tengo que quedar hasta que me guste. Tenía la esperanza de que me cambiaran a un barrio en español. La hermana Tu'atonga me llamó ayer y me dijo que ella también seguirá donde mismo con la Hna. Smith, así que espero que les vaya bien.
No me pienso dar por vencida, con todo y que la cosa está difícil, sé que en última instancia todo el esfuerzo valdrá la pena.
Anoche una vez más andábamos buscando la casa de una persona y nos equivocamos de calle, entonces nos encontramos con un muchacho que iba de camisa y corbata, y de inmediato supimos que era mormón. Él también nos vio y nos preguntó: “¿son misioneras?” y le dijimos que sí. Se llama Matthew y asiste al barrio de adultos solteros de este lugar. Se portó muy amable y nos dijo que había hecho la misión en Canadá, así que le tuve que preguntar si había escuchado la expresión “Mientras más frío sea el lugar donde hagas la misión, más guapa será tu esposa”. Me dijo que no la había escuchado pero le gustó mucho, luego nos dijo que el lema de su misión era: “Muchos son fríos, pero pocos son los que están congelados” (Doctrina y Convenios 121:40).
Me he estado debatiendo entre contarles esto o no, pero me parece tan chistoso que se los tengo que contar: El otro día encontramos a un posible investigador, es un muchacho, pero cuando fuimos a visitarlo ya no se vio tan interesado como al principio, debido a que el tiene su propia “senda espiritual”. Cuando llegamos, él iba saliendo a juntarse con amigos para fumar marihuana, ¡y nos invitó a ir con él! Dijo que fumar mota es una experiencia espiritual. Por supuesto que rechazamos su oferta y le hablamos de la Palabra de Sabiduría, así que pues ya no lo volveremos a visitar.
Me encanta el himno “Asombro me da”, es muy hermoso. Siento mucho agradecimiento por mi Salvador Jesucristo y sé que, cuando las cosas se ponen difíciles, Él nos entiende porque ya ha pasado por eso.
“Me cuesta entender que quisiera Jesús bajar
del trono divino para mi alma rescatar;
que Él extendiera perdón a tal pecador
y me redimiera y diera su gran amor.
Por siempre jamás al Señor agradeceré;
mi vida y cuanto yo tengo a Él daré”.
Disculpen que no envíe fotos pero por acá no hay mucho que retratar.
Si a Carlitos le van a dar noticias de deportes, entonces deberían contarme cómo va The Voice o qué pasó con los Emmys o algo.
Los quiero mucho,
Hermana Aburto