My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, November 9, 2015

Hanging in there

November 9th, 2015

Work has not improved much. But one of the sister training leaders told me that my companion and I are in the hardest situation. We are training each other, we are on bikes, it's getting dark earlier now so we have to be real careful at night, so yeah we are in a really hard situation and most people would feel overwhelmed if they were in our shoes.
So as you know we had transfers last week, so we have a new district leader. His name is Elder King and he is the most polite person I know. It's really fascinating how kind he is. His companion is Elder Yuson from the Phillipines and he is hilarious. My companion and I were asked to give a short 10 minute training during district meeting and my companion jokingly told them that we weren't going to district meeting, and Elder Yuson just said, "I don't care!!"

Also one of my zone leaders is Elder Alex Moreno, who I don't know very well but I know that you know him! So that's cool.
I haven't told you much about Sheila. She is the investigator who doesn't stop talking, so it's hard to teach her. But she is so great. She calls us her "babies" and she is always worried about the fact that we are on bikes, and she prays for us a lot. She knows the Book of Mormon to be true, and she went to church one time and she felt better in our church than she has felt anywhere else, but for some reason she has never been able to come back to church since then. I hope that we can help her see the importance of coming to church and help her know that she is important and she is not a burden on anyone.

We had another lesson with our investigator David where we taught him the Plan of Salvation, and he seemed really interested! We have another appointment with him this week. I'm so excited for him to learn about the gospel! He continues to ask good questions so it's obvious that he truly wants answers.
We had a zone dinner with our stake president, and it was super great! There is something really awesome about being among a large group of missionaries. I don't know how to describe it but it's unlike anything I've ever been a part of.

Apparently there is an Elder Aburto in the mission. Weird! He is from Houston so I don't know if we are related. Sister Tu'atonga is the one who told me about him and when she met him she was like, "That's my daughter's name!" (Haha she refers to me and Sister Smith as her daughters and she is our mom).
I have a question. When we pray, we talk to Heavenly Father in a respectful way (thee, thou, thine) but in Spanish it's the opposite. In Spanish we talk to people in the usted form but we pray in tú. Why is that?

I will be giving a talk at the end of the month, and I think I will choose the topic of the Atonement, so if you have any suggestions as to which general conference talks to read that would be great. I really like the story that Papi heard at women's conference about how the mother hen will sacrifice herself in a fire to save her chicks, so I may use that.

How is Enzo doing??
Happy birthday Papi!! I love you and I miss singing karaoke with you!

Hermana Aburto


9 de noviembre de 2015
La obra no ha mejorado mucho, pero una de las hermanas que entrenan me dijo que mi compañera y yo estamos en una situación difícil: Nos estamos entrenando la una a la otra, andamos en bicicleta, cada vez anochece más temprano y tenemos que andar con más cuidado, y pues sí, nuestra situación es difícil y cualquiera se sentiría abrumado si estuviera en nuestros zapatos.
Como ya saben, la semana pasada hubo cambios y tenemos un nuevo líder de distrito. Se trata del élder King y es la persona más educada que he conocido, es una cosa fascinante lo educado que es. Su compañero es el élder Yuson que es de las Filipinas y es muy gracioso. A mi compañera y a mí nos pidieron que diéramos una presentación de entrenamiento de 10 minutos durante la reunión de distrito y mi compañera les dijo de broma que no íbamos a ir a tal reunión. El élder Yuson simplemente dijo: “¡No me importa!” (una frase de la película El fugitivo de Harrison Ford).
También, uno de mis líderes de zona es el élder Alex Moreno, a quien no conozco muy bien, pero sé que ustedes lo conocen ¡Qué buena onda!
No les he contado mucho de Sheila, pero ella es la investigadora que nunca para de hablar y cuesta muchísimo enseñarle. Pero es buenísima onda, dice que somos sus “nenas” y siempre le preocupa el hecho de que andemos en bicicleta y dice que ora por nosotras. Ella sabe de la veracidad del Libro de Mormón, una vez fue a la Iglesia y se sintió mejor que en ninguna otra iglesia, pero por alguna razón no ha podido regresar desde entonces. Espero que le podamos ayudar a ver la importancia que tiene ir a la Iglesia y a saber que es importante y que no es una carga para nadie.
También le dimos otra charla a nuestro investigador David, le enseñamos sobre el Plan de Salvación y se mostró bastante interesado. Esta semana tenemos otra cita con él. Me siento feliz de que aprenda el Evangelio. Las preguntas que hace son muy buenas por lo que es evidente que en verdad anda en busca de respuestas.
También tuvimos una cena de zona con el presidente de estaca y fue fabuloso. Hay algo verdaderamente extraordinario en el hecho de estar en un grupo grande de misioneros. No sé ni cómo explicarlo, pero es distinto a cualquier otra experiencia que he tenido.
Dicen por ahí que también hay un élder Aburto en la misión. ¡Eso se me hace bien raro! Es de Houston, me pregunto si habrá algún parentesco entre nosotros. La hermana Tu'atonga fue la que me lo dijo y cuando lo conoció dijo que su reacción fue: “¡Ése es el apellido de una de mis hijas!”. (La cosa es que a mí y a la Hna. Smith nos dice hijas, y ella es nuestra mamá).
Tengo una pregunta: Al ofrecer una oración, nos dirigimos al Padre Celestial con respeto (thee, thou, thine, en inglés), pero en español es al contrario. En español a la gente le hablamos de usted pero al orar usamos el tuteo. ¿Por qué?
Voy a dar un discurso a fines de mes y creo que voy a hablar de la Expiación. Así que si tienen sugerencias de discursos de la conferencia general que pueda leer, se los agradecería.  Me gustó mucho la historia que Papi escuchó una vez sobre la forma en que la gallina se sacrifica en los incendios para salvar a sus pollitos, así que quizá la use en mi discurso.
¿Cómo está Enzo?
¡Feliz cumpleaños papi! ¡Te quiero y extraño cantar karaoke contigo!

Hermana Elena Aburto