My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, October 26, 2015

Bicycle! Bicycle! Bicycle!


October 26th, 2015

"I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my biiiiiike!"


I'm not going to lie, life is pretty hard right now. We haven't had much success. We ride around on our bikes all day but usually we don't meet very many people. People will either not be home, or they won't answer the door, or they don't want to talk to us, etc.

But I read Hebrews 11:40, and the Joseph Smith Translation is super cool:

"God having provided some better things for them through their sufferings, for without sufferings they could not be made perfect."

Yeah I get it, life is hard, and this experience is helping me grow. I am usually doing a good job of laughing about how hard life is, but sometimes I don't have much hope.

Either way, the good news is that the land is perfectly flat here, so biking is not too big of a problem. Also, do you want to know the cure to bike helmet hair? Chastity. Some elders told us to put Chastity pamphlets in the inside of the helmet to keep your hair from getting messed up.

I went on companionship exchanges again with a Spanish-speaking Sister Training Leader. We visited a part-member family and the little boy Adrian is like 6 years old. We were inviting the family to read the Book of Mormon together every day, and the father said he felt like it would be difficult since he doesn't speak English but Adrian understands everything more in English. Also, Adrian is a little kid who seemingly does not pay attention. So we read a little of 1 Nephi 17 with them, and we explained to Adrian what the verses were talking about, and at the end we asked him what he had learned. Honestly I felt like he hadn't been paying attention, but to my surprise he said, "When God tells you to build a boat, you do it. And then God will be your light." I could not have said it better myself.

On the exchanges, we went around knocking on some doors. One thing that this Sister Training Leader taught me was how to recognize which houses will most likely be the homes of Latinos. Some clues are, if there is Aloe Vera or some other weird plants, or statues, or roses. I found that interesting and funny.

My companion said that back at home, on Halloween she would go to the temple since it was basically empty. There is an idea for you!

We have still been visiting Trula, and she's not even our investigator but she is Elder Wood's. He has asked us to visit her since she is lonely. She told us how there are dark spirits in her house, and it scares her. Whenever she gets a priesthood blessing these spirits go away and there is light, but then after the elders leave, her house gets worse. I'm not scared or anything, by the way, so don't worry because her house is fine. But I really think she needs the companionship of the Holy Ghost, so she really needs to get baptized! I wish she could see that but she never understands that that is what she needs to do.

If you ever have missionaries over at your house, feed them breakfast food. We never get to have a good breakfast with pancakes, bacon, etc because we just eat cereal. Breakfast for dinner is the best idea ever.

If Elder Holland can quote Rod Stewart, then I can continue quoting the Beatles.

"I love you, I love you, I love you!"

-Hermana Aburto

I read Elder John H. Groberg's talk "The Power of God's Love" which is super good. I loved the part where he said that as a missionary, the love he felt for someone back home gave him strength to continue working even during the hard times.

I saw my Tulita’s pictures and the one where she is jumping made me laugh. That is a perfect illustration of my Tule.

I wanted to mention also that President Palmer is so great. He is so simple. He doesn't have any other rules outside of the missionary handbook and he doesn't believe in making things complicated so he is the greatest.

"Basic principles...there are none."


Octubre 26 de 2015

“I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my biiiiiike!” (De la canción Bicycle race de Queen).

No les voy a mentir, pero la cosa está color de hormiga por ahora pues no nos ha ido muy bien. Andamos en bicicleta todo el día pero casi no podemos hablar con personas. La gente no está en su casa, o no nos abren la puerta, o no quieren hablar con nosotras, etc.
Leí Hebreos 11:40, y la traducción de José Smith está buenísima:
“Proveyendo Dios algunas cosas mejores para ellos por medio de sus aflicciones, porque sin aflicciones no podían ser perfeccionados”.
Pues sí, entiendo, la vida es difícil y está experiencia me ayudará a madurar. Normalmente me esfuerzo por ver el lado cómico del asunto, pero a veces como que no tengo muchas esperanzas.
De cualquier modo, las buenas noticias son que aquí el terreno es bastante plano, así que andar en bicicleta no es tanto problema.
El otro día salí en divisiones otra vez con una hermana entrenadora que está sirviendo en español y visitamos a una familia en la que no todos son miembros, y hay un niño que se llama Adrián que tiene 6 años. Los invitamos a que leyeran el Libro de Mormón todos los días, pero el papá dijo que es muy difícil porque él no habla inglés y Adrián se siente más cómodo con el inglés. Para esto, Adrián es uno de esos niños que parece no poner atención, así que nos pusimos a leer con ellos 1 Nefi 17, le explicamos a Adrián de lo que se trataban los versículos, y al final le preguntamos qué había aprendido. En serio que yo pensé que no había puesto atención, pero cuál no ha sido mi sorpresa porque contestó: “Si Dios nos pide que hagamos un barco lo tenemos que hacer, y Él será nuestra luz”. ¡Yo no lo hubiera explicado mejor!
Con esta hermana también anduvimos tocando puertas. Ella me dijo cuál es la clave para saber si una casa es de una familia latina: la clave es que si ves una planta de sávila (aloe) u otras plantas raras, o estatuas o rosas, lo más seguro es que ahí vivan latinos. Eso se me hizo interesante y chistoso.
Por cierto, mi compañera me dijo que, en el lugar donde vive, ella aprovecha Halloween para ir al templo, ya que por lo general está casi vacío esa noche. ¡Esa idea les puede servir!
Aún seguimos visitando a Trula, quien ni siquiera es investigadora nuestra sino del élder Wood, pero éste nos ha pedido que la visitemos porque está muy sola. Trula dice que en su casa hay espíritus y que le da miedo, pero que siempre que recibe una bendición, los espíritus se alejan y su casa se llena de luz, pero en cuanto los élderes se van, la casa se siente peor. No se preocupen por mí, porque yo no siento miedo ni nada y además creo que en esa casa no sucede absolutamente nada. De lo que sí estoy convencida es que ella necesita la compañía del Espíritu Santo y por lo tanto se tiene que bautizar. Ojalá y se pudiera dar cuenta de eso, pero no entiende que eso es lo que tiene que hacer.
Por cierto, la próxima vez que los misioneros vayan a comer a la casa ofrézcanles comida que se come de desayuno, ya que uno nunca come un buen desayuno con hot cakes, tocino, etc., porque sólo comemos cereal. A mí me parece que cenar cosas que son para desayunar es una idea genial.
¡Ah! Si el élder Holland citó a Rod Stewart, entonces yo voy a citar a los Beatles:
 “I love you, I love you, I love you!” (de la canción Michelle).
-Hermana Aburto

Leí el discurso del élder John H. Groberg que se titula: “El poder del amor de Dios” y está buenísimo. Me encanta una parte que dice que cuando era misionero el amor que sentía por alguien que lo estaba esperando le dio fuerzas para seguir trabajando en los momentos difíciles.
Vi las fotos de Tulita y ésa donde está saltando me hizo reír porque refleja a la perfección la personalidad de mi Tule.
También les quería decir que el presidente Palmer es a todo dar, es una persona muy sencilla, no agrega ninguna otra regla que no esté en el manual y no es el tipo de persona a la que le guste complicar las cosas, es a todo dar.

“Principios básicos… pues, no hay”.