My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, October 10, 2016

Transfers!!!!

October 10th, 2016

Heavenly Father just doesn't like to make sense sometimes!!!!

Transfers are on Tuesday, and....I am staying here again! Haha what da heck? I knew it though. Elder Simms and Elder Feltman were both totally convinced that I would be staying here, and the more I thought about it the more it made sense. Also, Hna Alcaraz sent me a birthday card last week and in it she said that the people of Oakdale need my experience and talents, and as I read that I just knew that I would be staying here. I'm feeling "trunky" (homesick) for Spanish work and I knew the more trunky I felt, the longer I'd stay here.

But it's all good!

Sister Miller will be serving down in Turlock now. My new companion will be Sister Talbot. 

It's just crazy because I have never served in the same area for more than two transfers, and when I first got here I figured I wouldn't stay long, but now I will literally have served here longer than any other area I've been in. And now this also means that at this point I will be serving in English for more time than I have in Spanish. Crazy!

I've also never been the leader in an area before, since I am usually the one who leaves my companion behind but now I'm the one staying here. I should be nervous but I'm not...yet. I just know that I can rely on the Savior for help; that He can compensate for anything I can't do.

Anyways, this was a good week!

Diane got her temple recommend!!!!! Our Ward Mission Leader is going to take her to the temple to do baptisms sometime soon. That is so amazing!!!!!

This week our district meeting was about the Book of Mormon. I realized that I need to use the Book of Mormon a lot more. For example, instead of using Bible passages to prove the Book of Mormon, we should use the Book of Mormon to prove the Book of Mormon!! We should also be using the Book of Mormon during every single lesson. I feel like I haven't been using it as much as I should, and I really want to be better at teaching directly from the scriptures. 

I also liked the article from this month's Ensign which talks about preparing to learn before going to Church by studying the topics ahead of time. I had planned on doing that more because it really does help you to be more in tune with the Spirit and just more awake during Church. That's what we do as missionaries before every meeting that we have, such as district meetings and zone trainings; we study the topic beforehand and share insights during the meetings. It makes a world of a difference to come prepared to learn.

Some members gave us a referral to go visit; her name is Judy. We knocked on her door yesterday and we had a great experience with her. She talked about how her daughter was recently baptized in our Church and she has noticed the change in her life. She says that her daughter is the one who is now teaching her instead of the other way around. We thought it was awesome that she was able to see the influence of the Spirit in her daughter. While we were with her, Sister Miller said a prayer and you could feel the Spirit so strongly and it truly felt like the Spirit was speaking through Sister Miller. I can't even remember what she said but I won't forget that beautiful feeling.

Yesterday during ward council, the meeting was just so so so so good because the ward members really want to help us in our missionary work. General Conference definitely awakened that desire in them and I'm so excited to see what'll happen. The bishop wants everyone to get a paperback copy of the Book of Mormon, write their testimony in it, and pray as to who they should give it to. That is pure awesomeness!!!!!

Last night I had quite the tender mercy! We were walking around and we happened to come across a missionary car, and we didn't recognize whose it was so we were really confused for a minute, but then we saw two angels dressed in white shirts and ties and to my surprise...it was Elder Williams!!!! I was so excited because his time to serve is up now, he's going home on Wednesday. He is serving in Modesto again and he covers my town of Oakdale (since Spanish areas are huge since they cover multiple English areas) so it was such a coincidence that we ran into him! I'm so thankful I was able to talk with him one last time and say goodbye. 

Another tender mercy this week: so I had made the zone leaders sign my bye book (autograph book to say goodbye during transfers) and Elder Feltman was like you're not getting transferred so I don't know why you want me to sign it, but I made him do it anyways. So he did, and I was absolutely stunned when I read what he wrote! He said, "Something that I've noticed about you--you have a real understanding of the Atonement. It is clear when you open your mouth to teach that the Savior has been at work in your personal life. Remember that the more you turn outward and love others the more joy you will feel." He just like...wrote my entire life story in just a few sentences!!!! He really has a gift of discernment; I have no idea how he knew that. I have discussed those topics with Sister Miller a lot. I have definitely come to realize that when I turn outward, that is what helps me to be myself and to be happy. And the trials that I've faced in my life have really taught me to reach out to the Savior and taste of His grace, and my knowledge of the Atonement is something that I have wanted to share with everyone ever since I first came out on my mission. No, pues wow. God is so good!!! He always answers my prayers through other people and it's amazing!!

I love you I love you I love you!!!!!

Hermana Aburto

Oh yeah, I found this scripture which is basically all about me, haha.

Ezekiel 33:32 -  “And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument”.

Our elders...




¡Cambios!

10 de octubre de 2015

¡Al Padre Celestial a veces le gusta hacer cosas que no tienen sentido!

Los cambios son este martes y ¡resulta que me voy a quedar aquí! ¿Qué onda pues? Sin embargo, ya me lo esperaba. Los élderes Simms y Feltman estaban convencidos de que me quedaría aquí y, mientras más lo pensaba, más claro se veía el panorama. También, la Hna. Alcaraz me envió una tarjeta de cumpleaños y en ella me dijo que la gente de Oakdale necesita de mi experiencia y mis talentos, y al leer eso supe con claridad que me quedaría aquí. Aunque he sentido nostalgia por trabajar en español, sabía que mientras más nostalgia sintiera más tiempo me quedaría aquí.

¡Pero está bien!

A la hermana Miller ahora le tocará servir en Turlock y mi nueva compañera será la hermana Talbot. 

Es increíble, porque nunca he servido en la misma área más de dos cambios y cuando llegué aquí como que me imaginé que no estaría mucho tiempo, pero después de este cambio habré servido por más tiempo aquí que en ninguna otra área. Eso también significa que a estas alturas he servido más tiempo en inglés que en español. ¡Increíble!

Tampoco nunca me había tocado ser la líder, ya que normalmente soy la que se va y mi compañera se queda, pero ahora será al revés. En realidad debería sentirme nerviosa, pero no lo estoy… todavía. Sé que puedo confiar en el Salvador para pedirle ayuda y que Él puede compensar por todo lo que yo no pueda hacer.

¡Lo cierto es que esta semana estuvo a todo dar!

¡Nuestra recién conversa recibió su recomendación para el templo! El líder de la obra misional la llevará al templo pronto para que haga bautismos. ¡Qué lindo!

Esta semana, en nuestra reunión de distrito hablamos del Libro de Mormón y me di cuenta de que lo tengo que utilizar mucho más. Por ejemplo, en lugar de valerme de pasajes de la Biblia para demostrar la veracidad del Libro de Mormón, debería de utilizar el Libro de Mormón para demostrar la veracidad del Libro de Mormón. También deberíamos de utilizar el Libro de Mormón en todas las lecciones. Me parece que no le he utilizado tanto como debería y de veras que quiero mejorar mi capacidad para enseñar directamente de las Escrituras. 

También me gustó el artículo de la revista Ensign de este mes que habla de cómo prepararse antes de ir a la Iglesia al estudiar los temas con anticipación. Tengo planeado hacer eso más seguido, ya que le sirve a uno para estar más a tono con el Espíritu y más alerta durante las reuniones de la Iglesia. Eso es lo que hacemos como misioneros antes de cada reunión que tenemos, tales como reuniones de distrito y capacitaciones de zona: estudiamos el tema de forma anticipada y compartimos puntos de vista durante las reuniones. Marca un mundo de diferencia ir preparados para aprender.

Unos miembros nos dieron el nombre de una referencia, quien es mujer. Ayer fuimos a visitarla, nos abrió la puerta y tuvimos una gran experiencia con ella. Nos contó que su hija se bautizó hace poco en la Iglesia y que ha visto un gran cambio en ella. Dice que su hija le enseña ahora a ella en lugar de que ella como madre le enseñara a su hija. Nos pareció muy lindo que haya podido ver la influencia del Espíritu en su hija. Mientras estábamos juntas, la hermana Miller oró y el Espíritu se pudo sentir muy fuerte, como si estuviera hablando por medio de la hermana Miller. Ni siquiera recuerdo lo que dijo, pero nunca olvidaré el hermoso sentimiento que tuve.

Ayer la reunión de consejo de barrio estuvo muy pero muy buena, ya que los miembros del barrio tienen muchos deseos de ayudar con la obra misional. No cabe duda que la conferencia general despertó ese deseo en ellos y ardo en deseos de ver lo que sucederá. El obispo quiere que todos los miembros consigan un ejemplar del Libro de Mormón, escriban su testimonio en él y que oren en cuanto a quién se lo deben regalar. ¡Qué cosa más chida!

Anoche recibí una entrañable misericordia: Andábamos caminando por ahí y de repente nos topamos con un coche que parecía de misioneros. Al principio no reconocimos a nadie, pero luego como que vimos a dos ángeles vestidos de camisa blanca y corbata, y para mi sorpresa era el élder Williams. Me dio mucho gusto verlo porque su tiempo ya se le acabó y el miércoles se irá a su casa. Ahorita está sirviendo en Modesto y le toca cubrir mi ciudad que es Oakdale (eso se debe a que las áreas de español son enormes y abarcan muchas zonas en inglés), así que fue una coincidencia que nos lo encontráramos. Sentí agradecimiento de poder hablar con él por última vez y despedirme. 

Otra entrañable misericordia de la semana fue que les pedí a mis líderes de zona que firmaran mi cuaderno de despedidas (o sea el cuaderno de autógrafos para despedirnos durante los cambios) y el élder Feltman me dijo que de ninguna manera me iban a cambiar a otro lado y que no sabía por qué quería su firma, pero de todos modos lo hice firmar. Así que lo firmó y me quedé totalmente helada al leer lo que puso: “Algo que he notado en usted es que tiene un verdadero entendimiento de la Expiación. Es evidente cada vez que abre la boca para enseñar que el Salvador se ha manifestado en su vida. Recuerde que mientras más se vuelva hacia los demás y les muestre amor, más gozo tendrá”. Fue como que si hubiera escrito mi vida en solo unas cuantas oraciones. No cabe duda que tiene el don de discernimiento, porque no tengo idea de cómo lo supo. Con la hermana Miller hemos hablado mucho de esos temas y en definitiva que me he dado cuenta de que si me concentro en los demás eso me ayuda a ser yo misma y a ser feliz. Además, las dificultades que he tenido en la vida me han enseñado que debo acudir al Salvador y probar Su gracia, y el conocimiento que tengo de la Expiación es algo que he querido compartir con los demás desde que salí a la misión. No, pues wow. ¡Dios es tan bueno! Él siempre contesta mis oraciones por medio de otras personas y es increíble.

¡Los quiero mucho, mucho, mucho!

Hermana Aburto

¡Ah, de veras! encontré este versículo que prácticamente habla de mí.
Ezequiel 33:32: “Y he aquí que tú eres para ellos como un cantor de amores, de hermosa voz y que toca bien un instrumento”.

Nuestros élderes…