My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, February 8, 2016

Signs follow those that believe - D&C 63:9

February 8th, 2016

Lately in our companionship we have been specifically praying to find people who are ready to be baptized this month. Ever since then we have been getting more referrals! It's been exciting since we are so much more likely to baptize someone who was found by a member than someone we find on our own. 

At our zone meeting on Thursday we discussed Mormon chapter 9 and I felt inspired that I need to have faith that I can participate in miracles. I know that miracles can happen but I lately I haven't had faith that I can make those miracles happen. So that was really great revelation to receive.

A member took us out to eat at Viva Taqueria which was soooo good. I had tacos dorados, or here they are called "flautas." I am totally taking you there some day.

We visited some less-active young women, Candy and Citlali. Citlali has been reading the Book of Mormon more and more ever since we've been visiting her, and she is truly grateful for the love that we have given her. She is so great.

And Candy was finally able to open up to us and be honest. We will help her develop her testimony. I just barely learned that with less-actives it's super smart to re-teach the lessons to them as if they were investigators. That was definitely what helped Candy was when we taught her the Plan of Salvation.

I totally forgot about the Super Bowl until I was at church yesterday. I am so disconnected from the world right now. But it's great! It's so cool to have the opportunity to forget myself and to forget about the world and only worry about the people we go visit.

Love you!

-Hermana Aburto

Doubt Not, Fear Not
Hey look at this awesome collection of scriptures that President Palmer sent us:

“Fear not, for they that be with us are more that they that be with them.” (2 Kings 6:16)
“For the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not: I will help thee.” (Isaiah 41:13)
“Fear not what man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear.” (Moroni 8:16)
“Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.” (D&C 6:36)
“Fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever.” (D&C 122:9)
“Go thy way and do as I have told you, and fear not thine enemies; for they shall not have power to stop my work.” (D&C 136:17)

Here is what Elder Holland said about "fear not":

"I submit to you that may be one of the Savior’s commandments that is, even in the hearts of otherwise faithful Latter-day Saints, almost universally disobeyed; and yet I wonder whether our resistance to this invitation could be any more grievous to the Lord’s merciful heart. I can tell you this as a parent: As concerned as I would be if somewhere in their lives one of my children were seriously troubled or unhappy or disobedient, nevertheless I would be infinitely more devastated if I felt that at such a time that child could not trust me to help, or should feel his or her interest were unimportant to me or unsafe in my care. In that same spirit, I am convinced that none of us can appreciate how deeply it wounds the loving heart of the Savior of the world when he finds that his people do not feel confident in his care or secure in his hands or trust in his commandments."

I have Sister Tu'atonga's camera and I don't remember if I sent you these pictures so...here you go!! This is my zone from the good ol' days back in Tracy, California.




Elder Grover, Elder Martinez, Sister Tu'atonga, Sister Smith, me, Elder Bryant, Elder Griffin, Elder Hopkin, Elder Jones, and Elder Lopez


This is Elder Lopez. 


That's Sister Pisa on her birthday!



Las señales siguen a los que creen, D. y C. 63:9

8 de febrero de 2016

Últimamente, mis compañeras y yo hemos estado orando para poder encontrar a personas que ya estén listas para bautizarse. Debido a ello, hemos estado recibiendo más referencias. Ha sido emocionante porque es mucho más probable bautizar a una persona que fue referencia de un miembro que a una que nosotras encontramos.

El jueves tuvimos reunión de zona y analizamos el capítulo 9 de Mormón, y sentí la inspiración de que debo tener fe para poder ser parte de un milagro. Sé que los milagros ocurren, pero últimamente no he tenido fe en que puedo ayudar a que ocurran milagros. Así que fue una gran revelación la que recibí.

Un miembro nos llevó a comer a un lugar que se llama Taquería Viva y la comida estuvo buenísima. Yo comí taquitos dorados, que aquí les dicen “flautas”. Definitivamente que un día los tengo que llevar a comer ahí.

También visitamos a dos mujeres jóvenes que son menos activas y se llaman Candy y Citlali. Citlali ha estado leyendo mucho el Libro de Mormón desde que la visitamos y dice que agradece el amor que le mostramos. Ella es muy linda.

Candy, por su parte, finalmente pudo abrirse con nosotras y nos habló con franqueza. La cosa es que le ayudaremos a desarrollar su testimonio. Me acabo de dar cuenta de que lo más inteligente con los menos activos es volverles a dar las charlas como si fueran investigadores. Eso fue lo que a fin de cuentas le sirvió a Candy cuando le enseñamos sobre el Plan de Salvación.

Se me olvidó totalmente que ayer era el Super Bowl. Estoy tan desconectada del mundo en estos momentos. ¡Pero qué bueno! Es muy padre poder olvidarme de mí misma y del mundo, y sólo pensar en la gente a la que tenemos que visitar.

Los quiero,

-Hermana Aburto

No dudéis; no temáis
Vean esta formidable colección de pasajes de las Escrituras que nos envió el presidente Palmer:

“No tengas miedo, porque son más los que están con nosotros que los que están con ellos” (2 Reyes 6:16).
“Porque yo, Jehová, soy tu Dios, quien te sostiene de la mano derecha y te dice: No temas, yo te ayudaré” (Isaías 41:13).
“No temo lo que el hombre haga, porque el amor perfecto desecha todo temor” (Moroni 8:16).
“Mirad hacia mí en todo pensamiento; no dudéis; no temáis” (D. y C. 6:36).
“No temas, pues, lo que pueda hacer el hombre, porque Dios estará contigo para siempre jamás” (D. y C. 122:9).
“Id y haced lo que os he dicho, y no temáis a vuestros enemigos, porque no tendrán el poder para detener mi obra” (D. y C. 136:17).


Esto es lo que el élder Holland dijo en cuanto a no temer:


“Es posible que éste sea uno de los mandamientos del Salvador que, incluso en los corazones de Santos de los Últimos Días que en cualquier otro sentido son fieles, es desobedecido casi universalmente; y sin embargo, me pregunto si nuestra resistencia a esta invitación pudiera ser más dolorosa para el misericordioso corazón del Señor. Les puedo decir esto como padre: Aun con la preocupación que sentiría si uno de mis hijos estuviera seriamente afligido o fuera infeliz o desobediente, me sentiría infinitamente más abatido si me percatara de que en ese tiempo mi hijo no pudiera confiar en que yo le pudiera ayudar o que pensara que sus intereses no fueran importantes para mí o que no estuvieran seguros bajo mi cuidado. En ese mismo espíritu, estoy convencido de que ninguno de nosotros puede apreciar lo profundamente herido que queda el amoroso corazón del Salvador cuando se da cuenta de que Su pueblo no siente confianza bajo Su cuidado o no siente confianza en Sus mandamientos”.

Tengo la cámara de la Hna. Tu'atonga y no me acuerdo si les mandé estas fotos, así que ai’ les van: Esta es mi zona en mis primeros días en Tracy, California.

Aquí estoy con el élder López.


Ella es la hermana Pisa el día de su cumpleaños.