My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, February 22, 2016

Mangonada!!!!

February 22nd, 2016

This week I tried a Mangonada at our Branch President's Paleteria and it is the best thing ever!!! Have you ever tried one? It's made of mango and chile. My life will never be the same now that I've tried it!!!  It's like a drink but it also has chunks of mangos in it. I'll take a picture of it today when I go get one. I literally did not like mangos until I tried a mangonada. 

I am definitely eating better than I thought I would! I don't know if I told you already but Hna Guzman also made us this drink made from something called Guanabana and it was super good. 

There's lots of pollen in the air, so you know what that means....allergies!!! Yay!!! I've been a little sick all week but it's all good!!!

So we have a new investigator named Alejandra and she seems really solid. She was a referral from a member and she already owned the Joseph Smith movie that some missionaries gave her, and recently she sat down and watched it with her kids, so we are thinking she is ready!!

We had a lesson scheduled with Gabriel yesterday, but he was sick. We were so sad. We really feel like him and his family are ready for the gospel but the adversary is going to try his best to stop them from hearing the gospel.

I have a question. In Preach My Gospel it says that Jesus Christ created the earth. In the Bible it says God created the earth. So the rest of the world thinks it was God, but we know that God created the earth through Jesus Christ. So the way I think of it is that God created the "blueprints" and Christ created the actual earth. The points is, why is it important that we know that it was Christ who created the earth and not God? 

We have been teaching a few recent converts, and I really enjoy their lessons. Basically we just re-teach them the 5 missionary discussions. It's interesting that we have to teach each of them according to their needs. They each need different teaching styles. I know that God knows each of these people personally and it's so fun to be able to receive revelation as to how to teach these children of God.

My favorite scripture this week was Proverbs 31:10 "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." I used this scripture during our lesson on the Law of Chastity with a recent convert, and it went well. I know that if we follow Heavenly Father's commandments we will be blessed and kept from harm. I truly want to be virtuous so that my future can be bright.

I love you, I love you, I love you!!


-Hermana Aburto






Mission life

The Guzman family borrowed a limo from a friend...and we got to ride in it...don't tell mom!


Me and my comps



That's me on Penny Lane!!!  

  Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes




22 de febrero de 2016

¡Mangonada!

La semana pasada probé una mangonada en la paletería del presidente de la rama, ¡y es la cosa más deliciosa que pueda haber! ¿La han probado? Se hace de mango y lleva chile. ¡Mi vida nunca será la misma ahora que ya la probé! Es una bebida, pero lleva trocitos de mango. Cuando me tome una hoy le voy a tomar una foto. Antes los mangos no me gustaban en lo absoluto hasta que probé la mangonada.

Es un hecho que estoy comiendo mucho mejor de lo que pensé. También, no sé si ya les conté, pero la Hna. Guzmán nos hizo una bebida de algo que se llama guanábana y estaba súper buena.

Por otra parte, el ambiente se está llenando de polen y ya saben lo que eso implica… ¡alergia! ¡Ay! Toda la semana he estado enferma, pero nada serio.

También tenemos una nueva investigadora que se llama Alejandra y la cosa pinta bien con ella. Ella fue una referencia de un miembro y ya tenía una película sobre José Smith que otros misioneros le regalaron. Entonces hace poco se puso a verla con sus hijos y nos parece que podría estar lista.

También ayer teníamos una cita con Gabriel, pero se enfermó. Nos entristeció porque nos parece que él y su familia están listos para el Evangelio, pero el adversario hará todo lo que pueda para impedir que lo escuchen.

Tengo una pregunta: En Predicad Mi Evangelio dice que Jesucristo creó la tierra. En la Biblia dice que fue Dios el que la creó. Así que el resto del mundo cree que fue Dios, pero sabemos que Él la creó por medio de Jesucristo. Entonces, lo que pienso es que Dios hizo los “planos” y que fue Cristo el que en realidad hizo la obra. A lo que quiero llegar es: ¿Por qué es importante que sepamos que fue Cristo el que creó la tierra y no Dios?

Hemos estado enseñando a unos cuantos nuevos conversos y disfruto mucho de las charlas. Lo que hacemos en sí es volver a dar las cinco charlas misionales. Lo interesante es que las tenemos que enseñar de acuerdo con las necesidades de cada persona, ya que cada una necesita que se le enseñe con un estilo diferente. Sé que Dios conoce de forma individual a cada una de esas personas y es bien lindo recibir revelación en cuanto a la forma de enseñar a cada uno de Sus hijos.

Mi versículo favorito de esta semana fue Proverbios 31:10 “Mujer virtuosa, ¿quién la hallará? Porque su valor sobrepasa grandemente al de las piedras preciosas”. Lo utilicé durante una charla que le dimos a una reciente conversa sobre la ley de castidad y estuvo muy bien. Sé que si seguimos los mandamientos de nuestro Padre Celestial seremos bendecidos y nos alejaremos del peligro. Yo verdaderamente quiero ser virtuosa para que mi futuro sea brillante.

¡Los quiero mucho, mucho, mucho!
  
-Hermana Aburto

Vida misional

Los Guzmán consiguieron prestada una limosina de un amigo y paseamos en ella… ¡No le digan a mamá!

Mis compañeras y yo

¡Aquí estoy en Penny Lane!
 Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes