My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, September 12, 2016

Diane got dunked!!

September 12th, 2016

Our investigator was baptized!!!! It was seriously so so so so beautiful. The baptismal service was very short and sweet and simple and it was just so perfect! She really is such a perfect example of someone who is truly converted to the Christ. I remember one time she was saying that she understood that the Lord expects us to make changes in our lives, and that made me really excited because, she just gets it, you know? Some people only reach out to the Church when they need help, but she really truly wants to act upon the things that the gospel teaches us, and she's willing to serve in callings and repent and make changes in her life to be more Christ-like. As a musical number, my companion and I decided to sing "I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus" since it represents her so well. She is so awesome and I know that she will be able to touch the lives of so many other people!

She got confirmed yesterday and it was a really beautiful blessing. She cried and we could all feel the Spirit so strongly as she received the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Soooo things have been just a teeny bit difficult since we now have basically no investigators. We had to stop visiting all of the ones we had because they weren't progressing at all. I'm really trying to have the faith that we will find new people to teach, but we especially want to help the members to be missionaries and help us find people to teach. That is always the best and most effective way to find people. I mean, Diane was found through members of the ward since she her daughter-in-law is a member, and another member was the one who first gave her a Book of Mormon. It's more likely for someone to accept the gospel through a friend than with two strangers on the street. But I do still know that if we do everything in our power by talking to people on the street, in addition to helping the members be missionaries, then the miracles do come. 

We had a zone training this week. It was just absolutely perfect because it was all about finding new investigators. Honestly, that is my least favorite part about missionary work. I love teaching once we find, but finding is the tedious part. All of us missionaries were able to come together and talk about how to find people, and it was really helpful and the Spirit was definitely there. I really hope we'll be able to apply what we learned.

And yes, Friday was my year-mark. This truly has been the best year for my life (not necessarily of my life). I can't even believe how much I've learned and matured over the course of just one year. I'm so grateful for my opportunity to serve and I can already definitely see why returned missionaries talk about their mission all of the time. Missions are just the best! 

"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it." (Luke 9:24) I understand that verse so much more now. For me, when I worry too much about how others see me or if I feel like I'm not good at speaking to people, then it's hard to be myself around others. But when I truly love someone and desire to help them, I can turn outward instead of inward and it helps me to be myself. I'm so grateful for all the many things I've learned on my mission.

I'm really sorry that grandma got hurt again. I will definitely keep her in my prayers and I know that our Heavenly Father is watching out for her ðŸ’™ðŸ’šðŸ’›ðŸ’œ

Love you,

Hermana Aburto




¡Diane se sumergió!

12 de septiembre de 2015

¡Nuestra investigadora se bautizó! En serio que fue algo muy, pero muy lindo. El servicio bautismal fue breve, dulce y sencillo, fue algo simplemente perfecto. De veras que ella es un ejemplo perfecto de alguien que verdaderamente está convertida a Cristo. Recuerdo que una vez dijo que entendía el concepto de que el Señor espera que nosotros hagamos cambios en nuestra vida, lo cual me llenó de entusiasmo porque es obvio que entiende cómo es el asunto. Hay personas que solo buscan la Iglesia cuando necesitan ayuda, pero esta hermana de veras quiere poner en práctica las cosas que nos enseña el Evangelio, está dispuesta a servir en un llamamiento, a arrepentirse y a hacer cambios en su vida para ser más como Cristo. Como número musical mi compañera y yo decidimos cantar “Yo trato de ser como Cristo” porque a la hermana le queda como anillo al dedo. Es muy buena onda y sé que tendrá influencia en muchas otras personas.

Ayer fue confirmada y la bendición que le dieron estuvo hermosa, luego se puso a llorar y todos sentimos el Espíritu muy fuerte cuando recibió el don del Espíritu Santo.

Por otra parte, las cosas se han puesto un poco difíciles porque en este momento no tenemos investigadores. Tuvimos que dejar de visitar a todos los que teníamos porque no estaban progresando en lo absoluto. Me estoy esforzando por tener fe de que encontraremos nuevas personas para enseñar, pero sobre todo queremos ayudar a los miembros a ser misioneros y a que nos ayuden a encontrar personas. Ésa es siempre la manera más eficaz de encontrar personas. A Diane se le encontró por medio de los miembros del barrio, su nuera es miembro y otro miembro fue el primero en darle un Libro de Mormón. Hay más probabilidades de que una persona acepte el Evangelio si lo conoce por medio de una amistad en lugar que de dos desconocidas que le hablen en la calle. No obstante, aún sé que, si ponemos todo lo que esté de nuestra parte al hablar con la gente en la calle, aparte de ayudar a los miembros a ser misioneros, los milagros vendrán. 

Esta semana tuvimos capacitación de zona y estuvo absolutamente perfecta porque se trató de cómo buscar nuevos investigadores. Para ser honesta, ésa es la parte que menos me gusta de la obra misional; me encanta enseñar luego de que encontramos personas, pero eso de andar buscando es tedioso. Todos los misioneros nos juntamos y hablamos sobre ese tema; fue algo de mucha utilidad y en definitiva que el Espíritu estuvo presente. De veras que espero poder aplicar todo lo que aprendimos.

Pues sí, el viernes cumplí un año en la misión; y verdaderamente que ha sido el mejor año  para  mi vida (no necesariamente  de mi vida). Ni siquiera puedo imaginar cuánto he aprendido y madurado en el transcurso de solo un año. Siento mucho agradecimiento por la oportunidad de servir y ahora me doy cuenta de por qué los ex misioneros nomás se la pasan hablando de su misión. ¡La misión es simplemente lo mejor que puede haber! 

“Porque todo el que quiera salvar su vida, la perderá; y todo el que pierda su vida por causa de mí, este la salvará” (Lucas 9:24). Ahora comprendo ese versículo mucho mejor. En mi caso, siempre que me preocupo sobre la forma en que los demás me ven, o si siento que no tengo capacidad para hablar con la gente, entonces me cuesta ser yo misma con los demás. Sin embargo, si verdaderamente siento amor por alguien y tengo el deseo de ayudar a la persona, entonces me puedo abrir en lugar de cerrarme y eso me ayuda a ser yo misma. Me siento sumamente agradecida por todo lo que he aprendido en la misión.

Siento muchísimo que la abuelita se haya lastimado otra vez. Definitivamente que la voy a tener presente en mis oraciones y sé que nuestro Padre Celestial la cuidará
 

Los quiero,

Hermana Aburto