My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, March 28, 2016

Whaaaaaat?!

March 28th, 2016

This has been such a crazy week! I'm so glad to hear that the missionaries in Brussels are doing ok, and I'm so very grateful that my baby brother is ok too. All those missionaries have been in our prayers.

Yesterday we had a baptism!!!! It was for Giovanni and Rosario Sanchez, ages 9 and 11 respectively. They and their two siblings are so adorable and truly love coming to church. Their mother is less-active but she says she wants to come back to church. These kids have been wanting to be baptized for a while and it finally happened! Praise the Lord for finally making it happen!!

This week we were able to visit our investigator Sergio and oh my goodness, he is the most charming, most funny, most kind human being ever! I love visiting him and his family. He offered us Mexican bread and hot chocolate. Ok so one tactic I've been using on my investigators/less actives is I tell them something like, "Hey we need people to feed us dinner, do you know of anyone who would be willing to feed us sometime?" And they always say "We'll be happy to feed you!" So I told that to Sergio and he felt so bad that he had only offered us bread and he was like "I didn't know that you needed food! Why didn't you tell me?" and we were like "no we already ate today" but for the next fifteen minutes he expressed how sorry he was and my companion was like, "But we ate McDonalds today" and I was like don't tell him that! How embarrassing haha and then when it was time for us to leave, he called his son to come say the prayer and his young son gave thanks for the bread, not knowing about our conversation...and oh my we could not stop laughing. But anyways Sergio would make an excellent Mormon haha he is such a kind Christian man.

So on Saturday we had a miraculous day! We found 7 new investigators!! In one day!!! Whaaaat?! We are seriously so shocked at our success. I've never had that many new investigators in one day. That was all the Lord's doing. That night, some of our new investigators were having a barbeque outside so we sat by the fire with them, and they made carne asada. They were really nice and one of them, Eduardo, told me that Pumas will be playing Chivas soon. He is a Chivas fan and he was like, "If Pumas wins I'll be baptized, and if Chivas win you'll be baptized Catholic." I was so tempted to bet on that hahaha pray for Pumas!!!!

Love you!!

-Hermana Aburto



P.S. I loved the womens' session of General Conference! It was so so so beautiful and can we just talk about how gorgeous Sister Marriott is? haha

It was such a good reminder to me that it is so important to show people that you love them, because I'm so bad at that with the people I've met here on my mission. 

It was so awesome to see Mami sitting up there!! You looked so beautiful in yellow, Mom!! I love you and I'm so happy that you're my mom.



28 de marzo de 2016

¡Esta semana ha sido de locura! Primero, me da gusto saber que los misioneros de Bruselas se encuentran bien y agradezco el hecho de saber que mi hermanito está sano y salvo. Todos esos misioneros han estado en nuestras oraciones.

¡Ayer tuvimos un bautismo! Se bautizaron Giovanni y Rosario Sánchez que tienen 9 y 11 años, respectivamente. Ellos y sus dos hermanos son adorables y le encanta ir a la Iglesia. Su mamá es menos activa pero dice que quiere volver a la Iglesia. Los niños ya llevaban tiempo queriéndose bautizar y finalmente se pudo llevar a cabo. ¡Gracias al Señor por fin se pudo!

Esta semana pudimos visitar a nuestro investigador que se llama Sergio y en serio que es el ser humano más encantador, más chistoso y más amable que haya conocido. Me encanta visitarlos a él y a su familia. Nos ofreció chocolate con pan mexicano. Ésa es una táctica que he estado usando con mis investigadores y con los menos activos, les digo que necesitamos encontrar a personas que nos den de comer y les pregunto si conocen a alguien que crean que esté dispuesto a darnos. Su respuesta siempre es: “¡Nosotros les podemos dar de comer con gusto!”. Así que a Sergio le dijimos eso y se sintió muy mal por habernos ofrecido solamente pan y nos dijo algo así como: “¡Híjole, no sabía que necesitaban de comer!”. “¿Por qué no me dijeron, hombre?”, pero le dijimos que ya habíamos comido y los siguientes quince minutos solo se estuvo disculpando. Mi compañera le dijo que habíamos comido en McDonalds. Entonces, cuando se llegó la hora de irnos, llamó a su hijo para que dijera la oración y el niño dio gracias por el pan, sin saber de lo que habíamos platicado con Sergio, y luego no podíamos parar de reírnos. La cosa es que Sergio sería un excelente mormón porque es un hombre muy cristiano.

¡El sábado fue un día milagroso! ¡Encontramos a siete nuevos investigadores en un solo día! ¡¿A poco?! En serio que ni nosotras nos la creemos. Nunca pensé tener a tantos investigadores en un solo día. Es el Señor quien lo hace posible. Esa tarde, algunos de nuestros investigadores estaban haciendo una carne asada afuera de su casa. Se portaron muy bien con nosotras y uno de ellos que se llama Eduardo me dijo que los Pumas van a jugar pronto contra las Chivas. Entonces, como él le va a las Chivas me dijo: “Si ganan los Pumas, me bautizo, pero si ganan las Chivas usted se bautiza en la Iglesia Católica”. Tuve la tentación de hacer la apuesta, pero bueno, ¡hay que orar para que ganen los Pumas!

Los quiero,

-Hermana Aburto

P.D. Me encantó la Sesión General de Mujeres! Estuvo muy, pero muy hermosa. ¿Puedo mencionar lo bella que es la hermana Marriott?

Fue un recordatorio para mí de lo importante que es demostrar el amor que sentimos por los demás, porque creo que no lo hago muy bien con las personas que he conocido en la misión.

¡¡Fue maravilloso ver a Mami allá arriba!! ¡¡Te mirabas muy bien de amarillo, Mami!! Te quiero mucho y me siento muy feliz de que seas mi mamá.