My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Miracles!!

March 21st, 2016

To be honest, the first week of the transfer my companion and I were so overwhelmed. We are probably both the two most shy hermanas in the entire mission, and it was really hard for us to come out of our comfort zones. 

Last Thursday after district meeting I asked my district leader for a priesthood blessing because I felt like I couldn't do this. I felt like the worst missionary. But during the blessing I was told that Heavenly Father was pleased with what I've done. That was so very comforting to me. 

Later that day we had so many miracles happen. We got 4 new investigators that day! Raul was one of them and my gosh, I don't think I've ever cared more for an investigator before. He is 22 years old and he is so so so fun! He is so willing to listen to us and we truly believe that we can get him to keep his commitments. He has had a traumatizing experience in the past, and so he finds it hard to trust people. I could relate to him in a way because I used to see people as a way to get hurt; I mean I felt like all people did was hurt me. But honestly with the gospel in my life I have been able to get over those feelings and the Book of Mormon has been such a huge source of comfort to me. 

Also that same day, we had dinner with a less active family, the Mendoza, and they gave me their keyboard!! I am so so so happy. 

So last week turned out to be one of the most successful in my mission so far. I find it fascinating that, whenever I have a really bad day, it's almost immediately followed by something miraculous. Hna Pimentel and I are shocked by our success, but also we know that that was all the Lord's doing.

Funny story: Elder Griffin got to go back to Modesto to baptize Lupe, one of the ladies he taught. Afterwards Lupe offered him $10 since he baptized her! He was like, "What would've happened if I had accepted that money?" He would've gone straight to heck!!!
Hna Pimentel and I are doing good. We are pretty similar in that we both like music a lot. She plays the cello. She is also the sweetest person.  We did a musical number yesterday during sacrament. I played the guitar and sang with Hna Pimentel and Hna Castaneda from our branch. Everyone loved it!  It was Joseph Smith's First Prayer, sung to the tune of Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing and also with the original tune of the song.

Love,

Hermana Aburto

Hna Pimentel and me!!!




21 de marzo de 2016

¡Milagros!

Para ser honesta, la primera semana del cambio fue abrumadora para mi compañera y para mí porque es probable que nosotras seamos las dos misioneras más tímidas de la misión, y además nos es bien difícil salir de nuestra zona de comodidad. 

El jueves pasado, después de nuestra reunión de distrito, le pedí a mi líder que me diera una bendición porque simplemente sentía que no iba a poder con el paquete. Sentía que era la peor de las misioneras. En la bendición me dijo que nuestro Padre Celestial está complacido con lo que he hecho hasta ahora y eso me llenó de consuelo.

Entonces, más tarde, ese mismo día, sucedieron muchos milagros, ¡porque encontramos a cuatro investigadores! Uno de ellos se llama Raúl y en serio que nunca me había interesado tanto en un investigador; este muchacho tiene 22 años y es muy, pero muy, agradable. Tiene mucha disposición a escucharnos y en verdad creemos que podemos hacer que cumpla con sus compromisos. En el pasado tuvo una experiencia traumatizante y por eso le cuesta mucho confiar en la gente. Me identifico con él porque en su momento yo también veía que los demás solamente me lastimaban, pero ahora creo, sinceramente, que gracias al Evangelio he podido superar todas esas emociones y el Libro de Mormón ha sido una gran fuente de consuelo.
Ese mismo día también fuimos a comer con una familia menos activa de apellido Mendoza, ¡y me regalaron su teclado! Estoy muy feliz.

En resumidas cuentas, la semana pasada resultó ser una de las más exitosas de mi misión hasta ahora. Me parece fascinante que siempre que hay un día en el que me va terriblemente mal, enseguida sucede algo milagroso. La hermana Pimentel y yo no salimos de nuestro asombroso de lo bien que nos ha ido, aunque también sabemos que el que hace todo es el Señor.

Una anécdota chistosa: El élder Griffin regresó a Modesto para bautizar a una investigadora a la que él enseñó y que se llama Lupe. La cosa fue que después del bautismo, ¡Lupe le ofreció 10 dólares por bautizarla! Entonces nos dijo: “¿Qué hubiera pasado si le acepto el dinero?”. ¡Yo creo que se iría directito al infierno!

Con la hermana Pimentel todo va muy bien, ya que somos muy parecidas y a las dos nos gusta mucho la música. Ella toca el violonchelo y es súper dulce. Ayer presentamos un número musical en la reunión sacramental. Yo toqué la guitarra y canté junto con la Hna. Pimentel y la Hna. Castañeda que es de la rama. A todo mundo le encantó. Cantamos La oración del Profeta, un poco con la melodía de Come Thou Font of Every Blessing y un poco con la melodía original.

Cariñosamente,

Hermana Aburto

¡La Hna. Pimentel y yo!