My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Last Message at the MTC


September 20th, 2015

OK so apparently we get to write to our families again this morning, but not much has happened since I emailed you yesterday. I will say this: it's weird that I am not feeling too nervous or homesick. That is so unlike me. I know that it is the Spirit that is helping me to feel a little more confident and un-homesick.

Today my zone will be performing the musical number during sacrament meeting, and we will be singing Mas Cerca Dios de Ti (Nearer My God to Thee). Also my companion and I will be teaching a class about the gift of the Holy Ghost. We will be sharing that story that President Monson told about he didn't follow the prompting to go to the hospital to visit an elderly member, and they passed away just before he got there. It's a good reminder that we need to trust the Spirit. Also we will share Brother Brad Wilcox's illustration of how, sometimes people don't think they feel the Spirit in their lives, when really they just don't notice the Spirit. They are like a fish in a bowl of water who asks, "Where is the water?" The Spirit is always with us. The fish will more likely notice when it is out of the water. Sometimes it's easier to notice when the Spirit leaves.

The food is surprisingly really good here at the MTC. There were a few times where I ate cereal for dinner, but for the most part, the food was really yummy! I truly hope that I will not starve on the mission field either!

So here at the MTC the number one thing I have learned is that we need to love people. That is honestly kind of hard for me. I have always had a hard time connecting with people, and I have always been annoyed with others. But I trust that the Lord will help me overcome my weakness. One of my favorite Elder Holland quotes is "If we listen with love, we won't need to wonder what to say." If I remember correctly, in Moroni 7, Moroni says that we can pray to have charity.

Calilis, good luck on your sacrament meeting talk next Sunday. I will be praying for you. Mami, I will be looking for you on TV this Saturday. I can't wait! I love Women's Conference so much; I have never felt the Spirit more strongly during Conference than during the women's session.

I really love 2 Nephi chapter 2 now. Seriously, after watching Inside Out that chapter makes so much more sense to me.

How was the regional conference with Elder Ballard?

I miss my Tule's face.

Have a good Sunday,

Hermana Aburto



20 de septiembre de 2015

Pues al parecer hoy también le podemos escribir a la familia, pero no ha pasado mucho desde ayer que les escribí. Lo que sí les puedo decir es esto: es raro pero no estoy nerviosa ni extraño la casa. Como que no soy yo. Sé que el Espíritu me está ayudando a sentir confianza y a no extrañar la casa.

Hoy, mi zona va a cantar un número musical en la reunión sacramental, vamos a cantar Más cerca Dios de Ti . Mi compañera y yo también vamos a dar una clase sobre el don del Espíritu Santo. Vamos a contar ese relato que contó el presidente Monson de una vez que no hizo caso a un susurro que le decía que tenía que ir al hospital a visitar a un miembro anciano, y el miembro murió un poco antes de que él llegara a verlo. Es un buen recordatorio de que tenemos que confiar en el Espíritu. También hablaremos de la ilustración que hace el hermano Brad Wilcox de cómo a veces la gente cree que no siente el Espíritu en su vida cuando en realidad lo que pasa es que no se dan cuenta de que ahí está. Es como si un pez en una pecera preguntara: “¿Y el agua, dónde está?”. El Espíritu está siempre con nosotros. Así como un pez fácilmente sabe que está fuera del agua, a veces es más fácil sentir cuando el Espíritu se aleja.

La comida es sorpresivamente rica aquí en el CCM. Solo comí cereal de cena unas cuantas veces, pero, por lo general, la comida es deliciosa. ¡Aunque también espero no pasar hambre en el campo misional!

Lo más importante que he aprendido en este lugar es que tenemos que amar a las personas. Para ser honestos, eso me cuesta. Siempre me ha costado relacionarme con la gente y normalmente no me siento cómoda con los demás. Pero confío en que el Señor me ayudará a vencer esa debilidad. Una de las citas que más me gustan del élder Holland dice que: “Si escuchamos con amor, no tenemos que preguntarnos qué vamos a decir”. Si mal no recuerdo, en Moroni 7, Moroni dice que podemos orar para tener caridad.

Calilis, que te vaya bien en tu discurso de la reunión sacramental el próximo domingo. Voy a orar por ti. Mami, te voy a buscar en la televisión el sábado. ¡Ya quiero que sea sábado! Me encanta la Sesión de Mujeres. Nunca he sentido el Espíritu tan fuerte en una conferencia como en la Sesión de Mujeres.

Me encanta 2 Nefi capítulo 2. En serio, después de ver la película Intensamente, ahora ese capítulo se me hace más claro.

¿Cómo estuvo la conferencia regional con el élder Ballard?

Extraño ver la cara de mi Tule.

Que pasen un buen domingo,


Hermana Aburto