My mental health blog

PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT BLOG ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

iwillhealthee.blogspot.com

Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy 2017!

January 2nd, 2017

Well last night we got our transfer calls, and I'm staying here in Manteca with Hna Maya! So that's pretty cool! I'm excited for this transfer; we'll get lots of things done!

It's hard to believe that we are in the year 2017! The year I come home! What?! This is my second-to-last transfer! And yeah as much as I don't like to think about going home, I know it's coming up soon, and I really want to do as much work as possible before my mission comes to an end.

But once I get home you better believe that I will watch movies, listen to Adele's new album, and catch up with the rest of the world! It'll be like when Captain America wakes up in the modern world and has a list of things he has to catch up on.

Anyways this week was great! We found a couple of new investigators, so that is exciting! We also found a couple people with the potential to become investigators soon, so hopefully that goes well.

We had another zone training this week. We were asked to work with prospective elders in our wards. Those are the males ages 19 and older that haven't been ordained to the higher priesthood, or any priesthood for that matter. So we've chosen a few prospective elders and we're excited to start helping them out!

It was interesting because there was one time where we were going to contact one of these prospective elders, and all the information we had on him and his family was that they could possibly be "anti-Mormon," but when we knocked on their door, they were super nice and willing to meet with us again. Just because someone was not receptive in the past, doesn't mean they'll never come around. You just never know when people's hearts will be softened!

Well, sorry but I don't have much else to report this week. Life is good, the work is rolling, I'm doing awesome.

Have a good week!

Love,

Hernana Aburto